cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

crm performance issues

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

we have upgraded a test-system to crm2007, the WebUI is finally working...

But now I get a lot of timeouts, looks like the system is compiling in background processes. Is the same "transaction" called again in the webUI, the forms with data (e.g. activity screen) is displayed but still slower than users expect (4sec). The server has a lot of resources... dual quad core with 8gb ram running linux 64bit.

I spend a lot of time searching for performance hints in OSS, the forums and wiki. I did found some, but they do not change the issues.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Roland

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

CarstenKasper
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Stephen is right. Once the system begins swapping the performance is gone. Be sure to put lots of RAM into the server.

First time we set up a CRM server we had issues with too few dialog processes. There were about 10 developers and when they started a wizard one process was blocked. For users and developers on the development environment this gets annoying.

cheers Carsten

florian_lusch
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

we upgraded a test system to CRM 2007, too.

The performance/resposne time of the web ui is pretty bad.

I already startet a SGEN, so the system does not compile any more while loading crm transactions in the web ui.

While searching the oss and this forum, i found parameters to decrease the timouts:

- icm/conn_timeout -> 5000

- icm/keep_alive_timeout -> 600

But the SGEN and the parameters does not fix the performance issue.

Does someone know tipps/sap notes/parameters, how i can increase the performance of the web ui?

Thanks,

Florian Lusch

stephenjohannes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Florian,

You probably need to check your shared memory parameters and other memory parameters on the box. If they are set too small the machine will be dog slow. If you are running dual stack on the CRM system 8GB RAM is probably the bare minimum to run the system.

Case in point our sbx has 8GB and runs sluggish, our dev system has 32GB and has no memory issues. We also noticed this on our dual-stack portals that 8GB still has issues with too much swapping.

Take care,

Stephen

florian_lusch
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks both of you.

Our appl. server has 8gb ram, but the java stack is deactivated, so it's no "real" dual stack.

I'll check the memory parameters in our system, hope i'll find something.

Best regards,

Florian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,all:

My first CRM 2007 project in china was gone-live one week ago and there is only a poor performance in searching master data .

Our CRM system is connecting with the SAP ERP and AVAYA real-time, when the web ui is opened , the system check the SAP ERP release and connect with the AVAYA every times.No performance issue you mentioned exists.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Roland,

This is very common when users use the WebUI (or any transaction, it's not WebUI related) for the very first time.

The very very first time any user accesses information a 'global' compile takes place. This occurs only once and is not user-related.

Each time a user accesses information (or code) the first time it will perform a compile for that user specifically.

(the information above is not 100% technically correct but I won't go too much into detail, the actual solution below is the most important )

This is how the system works and is indeed very annoying the first time.

If you want to tackle this problem, because it will also occur each time a new support package is implemented, you can use transaction SGEN. This transaction will precompile all SAP objects. Be aware that this SGEN transaction can run a very very long time (up to 2 days) but will take away that anoying timeout issue.

For support pack implementation the SGEN program does offer to 'delta' compile only the updated objects of the support pack and thus reducing the runtime significantly.

Hope this helps,

Kind regards,

Joost