Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Significance of ACTION in E1EDK01

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello ppl,

This is regarding an outbound IDoc which needs to be triggered whenever a Purchase Order is created or changed.

For this, I am using the basic IDoc ORDERS05 without any modifications.

I am using ORDCHG as the message type.

When the IDoc is triggered (on change or creation of PO), the segment E1EDK01 does not contain the field ACTION.

Could you please tell me why the ACTION field is not appearing in the IDoc's E1EDK01 segment?

Also, what is the significance of ACTION field?

Thanks,

Dawood.

11 REPLIES 11

former_member188685
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Where are you checking it..?

if you are checking in WE02 or WE05 let me know.

0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

I am checking in WE02.

Thanks,

Dawood

0 Kudos

what will happen is when you check in WE02/WE05, what ever Segment fields filled with values they only appear under segments , rest of them will be not be present. in your case ACTION is not populated , so it is just hidden from display.

How are you Triggering the Idoc , are you using message control..

0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

That's exactly what I want to know that why is there no value for ACTION field in E1EDK01.

I have tried creating a Purchase Order, changing the header details of PO, changing the item details of PO, but, in none of the cases was a value assigned to ACTION.

Yes, I am using Message control to trigger the IDoc.

Thanks,

Dawood.

0 Kudos

Hello,

While Creating or Changing the Purchase Order, the ACTION Field is not getting populated, because I think you are not Confirming the PO while Saving it.

If you are confirming the PO, then the Header Segment E1EDK01-ACTION field will be filled with '000'.

Now, the siginficance of the field ACTION in the Segment E1EDK01 is to indicate whether or not the Purchase Order is Confirmed.

Try doing a PO Confirmation and see if the Action Field is getting populated in the Segment E1EDK01.

Hope it was helpful.

Thanks and Regards,

Venkat Phani Prasad Konduri

0 Kudos

Hi Konduri,

Being a ABAPper, I have no idea how to confirm a PO.

I usually do the changes and just Save the PO.

Please let me know how to confirm a PO.

Thanks,

Dawood.

0 Kudos

The Action Is not populated in the Function module IDOC_OUTPUT_ORDCHG, And the same time Action is populated in the Item level E1EDP01. if you want it for E1EDK01 you can do that in any one of the available exits.

0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

Do you mean to say that the ACTION populated in E1EDK01 and E1EDP01 (for each item) is the same?

Also, will the value of ACTION be the same for all the items' E1EDP01?

I mean if we have 5 items, then we will have 5 E1EDP01 segments. Will all the 5 have the same value for ACTION?

Also, will it be the same as E1EDK01?

Thanks,

Dawood.

0 Kudos

Hello,

E1EDK01 is a Header Segment and hence Occurs only once. So does the ACTION Field if at all it is populated.

But the Segment E1EDP01 is an Item Level Segment which may have multiple occurances. So, if there are 5 E1EDP01 segments, then there will be 5 ACTION fields in each of the Segments.

Thanks and Regards,

0 Kudos

Hello,

A minor correction to my Previous response. As soon as you save the Purchase Order the PO Confirmation IDoc will be generated, if the Message Control Configuration (Output Type) is in place.

However, the FM / Selection Program that we are using is IDOC_OUTPUT_ORDCHG, the ACTION field is not populated automatically. So, if your requirement is to populate this Field, you'll need to Code it in the Customer Exits available for the Selection Program.

Hope it was clear and helpful.

Thanks and Regards,

0 Kudos

>Do you mean to say that the ACTION populated in E1EDK01 >and E1EDP01 (for each item) is the same?

ACTION is not populated for Header, But item it is populating in side the mentioned function.

>Also, will the value of ACTION be the same for all the items' >E1EDP01?

For create you can expect the same, but for Change or Delete you can see the differences. And in change only you can see the Changed items.