cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BPM collect Message

Former Member
0 Kudos

In a BPM Collect Message Pattern given in SAP BASIS, where do we specify the particular field in a MT that will stop collecting the messages.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

SudhirT
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to define it under the loop properties in the condition and provide the xpath for the particular message and the required conditions.Thanks!

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi patrichi,

I think that in Collect Message Pattern you dont need to specify any field. Just the whole message in Receive Terminating message step will stop collecting message.

However, what you need is to set a correlation.

Carlos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, i guess its a whole different message type and therefore message interface that will stop the collecting of messages.

So i will just define a new messsage interface with a different message type which will stop the collecting of messages. Right?

Does correlation then come into the picture?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

>So i will just define a new messsage interface with a different message type which will stop the collecting of messages. Right?

yes you need two different interfaces.

In the pattern example they are called:

> CollectMessage

and

> StopMessage

Both use the Correlation

> Correlation

Regards

Patrick

Edited by: Patrick Koehnen on Sep 24, 2008 11:09 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

So there will be two correaltions is it? one for collect message and the other for stop message?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi pratichi,

Ther are several types of Collect Message Patterns,

Have a look to this link and look for the pattern best fits your requirements:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/08/16163ff8519a06e10000000a114084/content.htm

Carlos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

no there is one Correlation and it's used by both messages.

Regards

Patrick

Former Member
0 Kudos

I did the above scenario as told.

It is a bpm message dependent scenario. It keeps collecting messages till a particular message is received.

I more or less used the message dependent pattern given in SAP BASIS.

The data types are as follows.

Dt_In

Name

OverallID

Dt_In

Name

OverallID

1 to 1 mapping

I used the OverallId for correlation. The receive step inside the infinte loop collects the messages with OverallID '1' while the receive step below collects messages with OverallId '2'.

In the container elements i defined 2 separate message interfaces. One for OverallID '1' and the other for OverallID '2. The 2 message interfaces have the same Message type. Only values will be different.

For the parallel fork step i have given end condition OverallID = 2.

When i execute the scenario the messages are all comingin a queue. The status is wait for event.

What could be the problem?

Thanks

Edited by: pratichi chauhan on Sep 24, 2008 2:46 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

the stop message is defined in Container under Type you could select the (abstract) Interface.

Regards

Patrick