cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CCM - Different Categories Hierarchies for Different Purchasers

0 Kudos

Hello,

We have SRM 4.0 with SP10 and CCM1.0. We are in a upgrade process for CCM2.0 but we still with an issue that we cannot found a solution for it. We have different purchase enterprises in SRM and each one has a different category hierarchy (different products, descriptions and structure). We what to have a catalog for each category hierarchy; however we only have a master scheme/master catalog only with one category hierarchy.

In SRM we found that in transaction COMM_HIERARCHY we can have more that one hierarchy however how can we configure this process in CCM component?

What other solucions can we have to this request?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can create multiple procurement catalogs. Master catalog should have all data and data should be mapped to each procurement catalog. Each procurement catalog can have different schema like different category hierarchy and different characteristics.

Regards,

Masa

0 Kudos

Hello,

Thanks for your replay, but I still with some doubts. I will try to explain: Even with this procedure in the catalogs, each is the category that is going to be registered in SRM database when I save the document? If I want to save the category correspondent at each purchaser, I need to have them in COMM_HIERARCHY, each means that I need to have 1 hierarchy with different purchase enterprises, with their own categories structure and description.

Thanks in advance.

Best regards.

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

COMM_HIERARCHY and MASTER CATALOG should have all categories in enterprise wide. I think most of customer operate that way. If some group needs different schema, you can create procurement catalog. My case was BOM like hierarchy for Shipbuilding maintenance for maintenance purchaser. It is completely different schema from normal purchasing schema.

Regards,

Masa