Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which table lists the Text Symbols of all programs ?

former_member196299
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All ,

My business need requires to list down all the Text symbols and selection texts for a set of programs .

Till now I used to collect this list by taking them indivisually from the programs/Function Groups, but that is becoming more tedious .

Can any one guide me, is there a Table available where I can get the list of Text symbols and Selection Texts used in the programs/Function Groups of under particular name space ?

Thanks in advance !

Regards,

Ranjita

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ThomasZloch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can use ABAP statement READ TEXTPOOL for this purpose. Check out the ABAP online help on how to use this statement. I believe this data is not stored transparently in the database, but in a compressed format.

Thomas

P.S. it is table REPOTEXT

7 REPLIES 7

ThomasZloch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can use ABAP statement READ TEXTPOOL for this purpose. Check out the ABAP online help on how to use this statement. I believe this data is not stored transparently in the database, but in a compressed format.

Thomas

P.S. it is table REPOTEXT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

Use

READ TEXTPOOL prog ... INTO itab ... LANGUAGE lg.

Reads the text elements for the program prog and the language lg from the library into the internal table itab. The line structure of the table itab is described in the section on text elements.

ID:

A single character, representing the text element type. You can use the following values:

R - Program title

T - List heading

H - Column heading

S - Selection text

I - Text symbol

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you intentionally and repeatedly double-post, then the mods will double-delete.

Please read [the rules|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/wiki?path=/display/home/rulesofEngagement] before posting.

0 Kudos

Hi Julius ,

I am sorry for the inconvenience caused and even I am aware of the Rules of Engagement .

That was a double post by mistake and once I noticed it , I could not find the option to delete it .. so ... left it as it is .

Aneways Thanks for keeping the forum Clean ..

Regards,

Ranjita

0 Kudos

Okay, thanks. I thought I would give you a chance to explain before I double-clicked as well

0 Kudos

Thanks for your kindness ... I appreciate moderators ///

Have a great Day ahead ...

Ranjita

former_member196299
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks all for the helpful Answers ..

Regards,

Ranjita