cost element category 11 problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

While creating PR using GL account xxxx this error message appears:

Revenue cannot be assigned to CTR xxxx//2222

Message no. KI 295

Diagnosis

The given object is not a valid additional account assignment for revenue or debit postings.

Procedure

In this transaction only use additional account assignments that allow revenue postings.

I've check through KA03, the CE category is "revenue" (category 11). I've tried using another CE (e.g: CE category 1)to creating PR and its works.

How to fix this issue since the user still want to use the CE with category 11?

Pls advice.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HIi

Go to ks02 uncheck the indicator revenue posting.

Regards,

Aakash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Cost centers are for monitoring costs. When you allow the revenues to be posted to a cost center, it means that you are controlling the revenues also with the use of cost center controlling.

In your case you are using GL account which has been created as revenue element(category 11). To revenues any costs being assigned to cost centers will not be allowed. When you use a cost element (category 1) it posts as you are using this to post costs. SAP recognises this as a cost when you post to this category.

As far as possible you should avoid posting revenues to cost centers. Let me know if you need any further clarification.

Karthik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik,

Thanks for the reply. It's help me a lot.

Kindly advice how to fix the problem since my user still want to using this CE (cat.11) when creating PR?

Thank you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

If you would still want to create the purchase requisition with the same cost element and the cost center, please do the following:

1. Go to KS02 and change the cost center. In the "control" tab, remove the tick marks in the actual and plan revenue fields.

2. Check in KA03 uif the C Elem Cat is 11

3. Ensure in Me51n the Acct Assignment Cat is K

4. Give the GL account (C Elem) and the cost center in the item detail section.

Then save the PR. It will allow you to save....let me know if you need anything else from me.'

Karthik

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

srinivasa_maruvada
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Goto TCode KS02 and enter your cost centre

Goto Control tab

Deselect (delete) actual revenues check box and there by allow revenue postings

Cheers

Srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

What is the effect in Co report if I removed the lock indicator for revenue posting?

Thanks.

former_member1240588
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Check the Cost center ,in that allow the revenue posting. At present the cost center which assign to Cost element is block for revenue posting.

Jain