Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SE80: input field and dropdown list - how is it done?

weltspion
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi ABAPers,

in Transaction SE80 (ABAP Workbench) on the left side you find an input field, a dropdown list and two buttons (right between the vertical menu und the tree control, in mode "Repository Browser").

I'd like to clone the input field and dropdown list for my own control-based application. Unfortunately I cannot find out, which controls are behind those fields. Is this made by controls?

Every help is appreciated.

Best regards

Torsten

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

former_member188685
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Every thing is designed using the controls.

Try Debugging the SE80 program. But it is one of the complex example in SAP.

9 REPLIES 9

former_member188685
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Every thing is designed using the controls.

Try Debugging the SE80 program. But it is one of the complex example in SAP.

0 Kudos

I guess, this takes too long. Actually, SE80 is rather complex.

I hope that someone else was curious before about the functions behind it, so that he or she can tell about it easily.

0 Kudos

It involves Tree control, html control, custom controls. if you are familiar with tree control and custom controls then you can start with the design. you can try a simple one...

0 Kudos

Please read my question: I don't want to know, how SE80 ist build in general. I was just asking for a tiny special piece of it.

All I know is, with tree control you are going totally wrong. And a custom control should be mandatory.

0 Kudos

I mentioned all the elements of SE80, Out of which Drop down is built using Html control.

0 Kudos

That means, those fields and buttons are done by BSP?

It must be somewhere around CL_WB_BROWSER_SELECTION.

Anyway, this is helping me a little more.

0 Kudos

It seems to be built statically.

The implementation of IF_WB_BROWSER_SELECTION~SHOW_SELECTION has an attribute html_document of type ref to CL_DD_DOCUMENT.

The HTML coding is assembled in class CL_DD_DOCUMENT method INITIALIZE_DOCUMENT.

0 Kudos

For more information on the class you can go to program DD_STYLE_TABLE and see..for the implemenation of Drop down list box.

weltspion
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks.