Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Business Partner Search using Sales Area Fields

bjorn-henrik_zink
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am wondering if anybody knows how to enable sales area fields as search criterias for business partner search?

The component is BP_HEAD_SEARCH. When I go into configuration of view BP_HEAD_SEARCH/MainSearch I find no Sales Area related available search criterias. Am I the first to ask for this option or did SAP ignore the requirements of the customers? It seems for me to be a very basic requirement.

Please help.

Thanks!

/Elvez

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

xavier_dehairs2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

That's also why SAP has foresee BADI for BP search so that you can extend the basic search with your own criteria ! It is not possible to be exhaustive when we talk about queries, so the fact that you have the possibility to add your own logic using a BADI, is certainly the best option available. Of course this requires some technical knowledge.

Regards,

Xavier

bjorn-henrik_zink
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

thanks for hint regarding enhancement spot CRM_BUPA_IL_SEARCH - I believe it solves my problem.

/Elvez

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

This option has never been present in any previous CRM versions and not in the 2007.

If you want this functionality I guess you'll have to develop it from scratch.

I would agree with you that this is a basic requirement if it's a R/3 system where business partners are more sales area oriented. But this is a CRM system...

Regards,

Joost