Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unicode check and transports 46C to 7.00

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

We have a 46C R/3 system. I transported a class from that system into a unicode basis release 7.0 system. Once it gets there, we get the error message:

The program "ZCL...===========CP" is not

Unicode-compatible, according to its program attributes.

Now, I understand that if we run tx UCCHECK, we can set its unicode check attribute. But is there a way of automatically having the attribute set on import? In the 46C system, the unicode check attribute doesn't even exist.

Thanks

matt

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

rainer_hbenthal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Matthew,

there is no way of setting this flag automatically during transport requests. Setting this flag may require code changes and how do you wanna do this automatically?

Setting this flag does not make a report/program unicode compatible, it just tells the compiler that he has to check the syntax more stricter.

PS This flag is in table TRDIR, and i assume that there is no column unicode in 4.6c, i dont have such old systems availabale. Are they still supported by SAP?

Edited by: Rainer Hübenthal on Sep 24, 2008 10:12 AM

7 REPLIES 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think it is not possible in 4.6, But if you create any new class or program in ECC6.0, By default Unicode Checked .

Regards

Jana

GauthamV
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

apart from uccheck transaction ,u can check SEOCLASSDF table which has the field UNICODE.

former_member181995
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Transaction SAMT(ABAP Program Mass Processing)?

May be you need to create task with program RSUNISCAN_FINAL, subroutine SAMT_SEARCH.

For more help you can read the wide enough documentation of SAMT.

PS:But this is never tried by me.

Amit.

rainer_hbenthal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Matthew,

there is no way of setting this flag automatically during transport requests. Setting this flag may require code changes and how do you wanna do this automatically?

Setting this flag does not make a report/program unicode compatible, it just tells the compiler that he has to check the syntax more stricter.

PS This flag is in table TRDIR, and i assume that there is no column unicode in 4.6c, i dont have such old systems availabale. Are they still supported by SAP?

Edited by: Rainer Hübenthal on Sep 24, 2008 10:12 AM

0 Kudos

The problem is that as soon as we transport programs developed in the 46c system into the 7.0 unicode system, we get a syntax error because the unicode check flag isn't set. Obviously it's not possible for us to set this flag in 46c, because it doesn't exist. The programs themselves are, in fact, unicode compliant.

of course, if it turns out there's a mistake somewhere, and they're not unicode compliant, we want to see an error message

( Most of our systems are on much later releases, but we still have to develop for some countries who are still on 46c... 46c is still supported . I know one huge pharmaceutical company that's running R/3 on 46c, and are only now planning an upgrade ).

matt

0 Kudos

May be you can play around with your export files. Checking unchecking the unicode flag will add the object limu/reps to your task. Maybe its possible to mess around with the export files right before you are importing them.

Using smod/cmod i douldnt find a user exit for the import step where it might be possible to add this flag or modifying table trdir directly.

At least, the problem will disappear after a while by magic

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

up to 4.6c sap did,'t provide unicode .Unocode is provided from 4.7 version on wards .In ecc7 itself you have to that.

regrads

venkat