cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting a 'Runtime Error' while launching Crystal Reports

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

I have Crystal Report XI R2 installed on an XP machine. However, while launching it, I get the following error:

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library

Runtime Error!

Program ...am Fils\Business Objects\Crystal Reports 11.5\crw32.exe

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.

Please contact the application's support team for more information.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Alok.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alok

Are you logged in as Administrator?

If not try logging in as Administrator,is still the issue persists then you need to manually uninstall Crystal Reports and reinstall it again.

This issue happens because the installation of Crystal Reports has not been successful, despite a message stating that it has been successfully installed.

Manual Uninstalling Process:

Symptom

Crystal Reports XI is installed on your computer. You need to manually uninstall Crystal Reports XI for one of the following reasons:

u2022 To verify that all Crystal Reports XI components have been completely removed prior to installing a later version of Crystal Reports.

u2022 To remove the remaining Crystal Reports XI components that have not been removed using the 'Add/Remove Programs' command (Start > Settings > Control Panel).

u2022 To remove the remaining Crystal Reports XI components that have not been removed using the Setup.exe file from Crystal Reports XI installation CD.

How do you manually uninstall Crystal Reports XI?

Resolution

Before getting started, uninstall Crystal Reports XI by launching the Setup.exe file from the installation CD or by using the 'Add/Remove Programs' command. If either of these methods fails to remove all Crystal Reports directories, files and registry keys, then continue with the resolution of this article.

==========

WARNING:

This resolution can be applied if Crystal Reports XI is the only software installed on the computer that uses the Business Objects directories, files and registry keys.

For example, Crystal Analysis, Crystal Enterprise and BusinessObjects Enterprise XI are applications that may share the same directories, files and registry keys.

Removing these directories, files and registry keys may cause other software to function incorrectly.

==========

1. To manually uninstall Crystal Reports XI, delete the following directories:

u2022 C:\Program Files\Common Files\Business Objects\3.0

u2022 C:\Program Files\Business Objects

====================

NOTE:

Do not remove the directory C:\Program Files\Common Files\Business Objects\3.0 if you have BusinessObjects Enterprise XI or Crystal Reports Server XI installed. These files are shared by both applications and removal of these files will cause Business ObjectsEnterprise XI and Crystal Reports Server XI to function incorrectly.

====================

2. Delete the following registry keys:

====================

WARNING:

The following resolution involves editing the registry. Using the Registry Editor incorrectly can cause serious problems that may require you to reinstall the Microsoft Windows operating system. Use the Registry Editor at your own risk.

HELP:

For information on how to edit the registry key, view the 'Changing Keys And Values' online Help topic in the Registry Editor (Regedit.exe).

RECOMMENDATION:

It is strongly recommended that you make a backup copy of the registry files (System.dat and User.dat on Win9x computers) before you edit the registry.

====================

u2022 HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Business Objects\Suite 11.0\Crystal Reports\

u2022 HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Business Objects\Suite 11.0\Crystal Reports

u2022 HKEY_USERS\S-#-#-##-...-####\Software\Business Objects\Suite 11.0\Crystal Reports

(The number signs (#) represent a series of numbers that are different on each computer.)

====================

NOTE:

After making changes to the registry, restart the affected service or application as required.

====================

Hope this Helps,

Shraddha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shraddha,

I uninstalled Crystal Reports manually, and then re-installed it, and its working fine now.

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Alok.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have the same issue with Crystal 2008. Is the solution the same?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Brian

Yes,The solution is the same for CR2008 as well.

Thanks

Shraddha

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am having the same problem, but I have Xcelsius 2008 SP3 installed.

Please let me know to uninstall Crystal Reports 2008 withou affecting Xcelsius.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shraddha,

I also encountered this error message when I'm connecting through terminal server when I'm trying to launch customized reports. But when I'm launching standard reports, there is no error message. I'm connecting via USER account and not admin account.

What do u think is the resolution with my problem?

Thanks.