Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Another system upgrade question

This is what happened after we've done the support level...

While running PFCG_TIME_DEPENDECY, we get pop-ups saying that "User XXX does not exist". Some of these users still have master record in the system, but many of them are no longer exist. What's the reason for this?

*Julius, does this have something to do with the composite roles, and is this what you meant by the PRGN_COMPRESS_TIMES?

Former Member
replied

Hi,

pfcg_time_dependency has to be taken 'as it is'....

So removing the flag for 'output messages' would be a modification.

There is no problem, if you will not use pfcg_time_dependency in the future, if you have your own variants for rhautupd_new, which meet your requirements.

If you want to use pfcg_time_dependency, you can ignore the messages regarding sap-roles, as they often have no profiles and they should not have users assigned.....

Furthermore I recommend to delete the sap roles in your PRD to reduce the amount of existing roles....

It shall be sufficient to have them in DEV to be able to use them as draft for copying to customer namespace. I think there are some exceptions (for instance I remember java guys use SAP-roles

directly without copy to customer namespace, but in general the sap roles shall not be used.

Further recommendations....:

It shall be enough to schedule rhautupd_new variants with option

profile matchup daily (only if you use hr-org, this option shall be run also with short interval), if you use composite roles, this shall also run daily, but 'cleanups' shall be sufficient to be run once a week or so (depending on how many roles you transport....).

b.rgds, Bernhard

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question