cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Staffing based on project roles

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have a requirement that i want to search for resources in staffing in cProjects based on their project roles.

That is, the user first selects a Project role and when he searches for resources only those resources should to be displayed that match the selected Project role.

I don't know where to begin for this requirement. Please Help.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Under the Resource Search button page, you can filter resource search based on Project Roles that the resources have been earlier staffed to.

This comes under the General tab page of the Resource Search page.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

Thanks for your wonderful support.

I have finally and painstakingly found the function module. DPR_API_MY_OBJ_MY_PROJECTS

Cheers,

Mazin Mahmood

Former Member
0 Kudos

Lashan,

Thanks for the prompt reply. Can you mail the document to XXXXXXXXXX

Many thanks

Edited by: mazin mahmood on Sep 25, 2008 3:00 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

@Girish,

Thanks for the reply. Can you please be a bit more specific though? i can see project roles on the left side of my screen and there is no relevant option to search in the general tab.

@Lashan,

Thanks for the suggestion Lashan, do you have any tutorials or How-to-Guides for something like this? I am a bit of a newbie so, i don't know how to implement something this complex.

Regards,

Mazin

Former Member
0 Kudos

I do have an SAP doc which might help. Let me know how I can get it across to you... (I seriously think this forum should have a way to upload attachments)

Konstantin
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi, Lashan!

Yes, I agree with you. And it would be very very helpful for all community: it would be great to upload only one time a document, for example Configuration Guide, and to direct to it any novice on this forum.

The way to upload docs exist.

But! As sad in [Rules of Engagement|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/wiki?path=/display/home/rulesofEngagement]

<h6>

- Do not provide copyrighted material.

Do not offer copyrighted material, where you do not own the copyright. Soft copies of books, certification material, etc. often is copyrighted and even if you got it through other sources, do not send it around. The authors of this material have a right to have their material protected

</h6>

Unfortunately such the rule is (and probably rightly that it is). So we have to suffer 😃

Regards, Konstantin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Konstantin,

Thanks very much for the link, I wasn't really aware of the content submission process, which can be a good workaround. And I fully agree the rules make sense, but they don't/can't cover all scenarios. I've seen forums where users themselves can create attachements as part of post, so I guess this would be nice to have. I could go on, but will stop as this thread is about staffing project roles

Cheers,

Lashan

Former Member
0 Kudos

You also might want to consider using qualifications functionality to search for suitable persons to staff projects. You can define qualifications and assign these to business partners using the "mini HR" in cProjects or integrate with SAP HR. In other words to identify a particular skill set consider using qualifications instead of roles. The previous post made a good suggestion about searching based on previously staffed roles. However, role names are project specific and does not necessarily provide too much information. For example 2 IT projects might have the roles "programmer" and "developer" which mean the same in an IT context, but have different role names. An IT project and product development project could both have a role name "designer", which are clearly different but have the same role name.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Correction to my previous post - resource searching will allow you to search based on previously staffed "project role types", NOT "project roles". Therefore, this would not really be project dependent as I had mentioned, however, good definition of project role types is required.