cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two companies created in same server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm creating two test companies for two different clients in my own server. So the SBO-Common database is only one for both of them. Now I want to restore those test companies in the respective client's server. SBO-Common database should also be replaced there.

Problem is SBO-Common database holds the data of other test company also. Will it create any problem?

What is the right way for this process?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member186095
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the client's server, you have to install B1 application server so that the SBO-COmmon database is available there. This is ture if your own server will not use by them. The two databases you've created are backed up and then restore to the client server after created the new databases for both (test and live).

As far as I know there will no significant problem. I always do that when implementing SAP B1

Rgds,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanx all of u.

What I Understood is....................

I will install SBO in the different client servers.

SBO-Common database will be automatically created in both of them.

Now I will create companies with the same company name and database name what i had created in my server.

Then I will restore only company databases in the respective client's server (don't need to restore SBO-Common.).

Is it right? plz reply.

If the patch level differs then will it create any problem?

Former Member
0 Kudos

You are correct now.

Patch levels in your Office and Client should be same.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kindly describe what kind of data is SBO-Common storing? Any document available on that?

Edited by: Sibasish Sengupta on Sep 24, 2008 9:08 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

How list of company is generated in the login screen?

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You need not restore SBO-Common. SBO-Common would be created automatically when you install SAP B1 Server.

So you install SAP Server in your Client which creates SBO-Common Database.

Now you backup the client DB from your office server and restore the DB in the Client Server.

Note: Backup and Restore of SAP DB will work provided all the SAP B1 has same Patch Levels.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You probably do not need to restore SBO-COMMON. Try it first. If you have to, then you can only use one of them each time.

Thanks,

Gordon