cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

multiple equipments for one maintenance order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

Is there a way to tag multiple equipments (equipments A,B and C) to a maintenance order (making it thereby accessible through the IW38 when i search A, B or C? I dont think i could do this thru the object tab of the maintenance order.

Thanks!

Hans

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member187991
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

just add the equipments in object list and while executing the iw38 ,tick mark the inc objlist,you will get the list output

regards

thyagarajan

Former Member
0 Kudos

I didnt see that. Thaks guys!

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

If you are keen on cost tied up with each and every equipment and appearance in PMIS, use sub orders. In this case you will have a main order tied up with main reference equipment while you will have one sub order for each of equipment A,B,C etc. You can have total cost as well as individual equipment (A,B,C) costs. PMIS will also be no problem.

IW38 selection will also be OK. As, when you select orders based on an equipment in IW38, you will get the superior order. Make sure you include "superior order" in this report through field selection.

Hope this suffice your requirement in full.

rgds

Pradeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

will the objects be part of any PMIS report or just the main equipment? thanks!

former_member187991
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

only the reference object will be consider for PMIS report,

regards

thyagarajan

peter_atkin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

O_o,

The major problem with the Object List is that many of the SAP standard reports do not consider the information on this tab.

Furthermore, all cost history is linked back to the order header, and hence the equipment/floc in that order header (and not Object List).

In some industries, this is not acceptable especially for legal reporting reasons...

It also doesn't work well with the CS Module.

If you do intend on using the Object List to add multiple equipment, then you may need to create some new ABAP reports to extract the data.

PeteA

Former Member
0 Kudos

i'm still playing around it using queries. Thanks!

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI

You can do this. But You cannot find the cost of the Particular equipment, if u create the order with multiple equipments

- Pithan

Edited by: Pithan Pithan on Sep 24, 2008 2:53 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

it is possible to go with object list,

there you can give multiple equipents butthese are identified with object list number

-ashok