cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Requirement Questionnaire for MII projects

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Is any one involved in requirement questionnaire for MII projects?

Please provide me basic inputs for Requirements Questionnaire for MII Projects.

BR

veeresh hiremath

Edited by: Veeresh Hiremath on Sep 24, 2008 8:17 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member4529
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have included a sample SAP MII pre-implementation questionnaire in our book [Implementing and Configuring SAP MII|http://www.sap-press.com/product.cfm?product=H3038] which will be published in July, 2009. We have covered the SAP MII implementation and architectural aspects in details in the last chapter along with the detail know-how of SAP MII solution development using the workbench and the security and admin features. Hope that'll help.

Thanks,

Dipankar

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dipankar,

Who is doing your technical proofreading? Are you involving any experienced customers or partners? How about internal SAP reviewers?

Thanks,

Mike

abesh
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Michael,

Let me introduce myself as the co-author of the book Dipankar mentions in his post above.

We have been extremely lucky and grateful to Rick Bullotta who has done a technical review of this book.

Best Regards

Abesh

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Abesh,

You are indeed fortunate to have Rick helping. I would also suggest having Jeremy Good, Sam Castro, and John Schaefer take a look at it.

What about on the customer/partner side?

Regards,

Mike

Edited by: Michael Appleby on May 7, 2009 1:32 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, Mike,

I would offer myself to be a volunteer for proof reading the book from a customers perspective!

Michael

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Veeresh,

Provide your email id, i'll send across a list of questionnaire submitted to customer.

Hope this may solve your problem.

-Suresh Hiremath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks everyone for giving valuable points.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For me these are some relevant questions for me.

1.What the Shopfloor devices/software are available in plant?

2.In case of OPC , the server detail.

3.If the OPC is not available then Check in PLC any more Network slot are available or not or if it is Simatic PLC then whether they have the option to add any more CP card.

4. What is the SCADA they are using? If it is new generation SCADA then what is the Back end Data base.

5. What is the data acquisitation / historian available and what kind of Data base or flat files they use.

6. This would be very necessary to know the PLC tags/ Devices (Switch and counters) which confirm the processes to do any process/production confirmation.

7. In case of abnormality detection, what are the PLC tags and their value/position to detect the abnormality in the process

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Pradeep for quick reply

I have a concern here.Does in-depth PLC/SCADA questionnaires required for MII projects?

If Yes why required,please let me know.Also let me know CP Card which you mentioned for Simatic PLC.

Also experts any more ideas in this regard

Thanks

Veeresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All ,

Any more ideas for questionnaires.

BR

Veeresh

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Veeresh,

I think that the questions Pradip raised have to do with determining data sources from the manufacturing floor. While having in-depth knowledge of the PLC/SCADA devices and set up are helpful, what really needs to be known is the sources of the data needed and how to be able to connect. A few more come to mind after reading Pradip's list:

Is UDS available and installed to help connect?

Are there firewalls between MII and the Data sources?

Who controls access to the Data sources?

Does the client want all data processing performed on the MII server or can calculated Tags be used on the Data historians?

Best Regards,

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Veeresh,

a good starting point for getting requirements is the MII Guideline in the Wiki:

[https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/xMII/Guidelines]

Have a look at the Installation Guide, there you will find requirements for installing MII on NetWeaver to introduce MII in your project.

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Micheal,

My requirement is not to install MII but requirement questionnaire for MII projects like whenever we start project we need to gather requirements from Plant site,simillarly I need to get some basic questionnaire ideas for MII projects.

Ideas are higly appriciated.

BR

Veeresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Veeresh,

here are some unstructured ideas about gettings the requirements:

- What connections are needed (SAP, Oracle DBs, SQL DBs, Tag DBs, Web Services etc)?

- If SAP connection is needed: Upload and or Download? RFC or IDoc? Can standard RFCs be used, or do you need programming in ERP?

- Who is the contact partner for the systems MII connects to?

- What formats are needed? XML, B2MML, FTP etc.?

- Where is MII located? Plant site or central site?

- Do you need localization?

- How is the login managed? Use of LDAP, Single Singe On?

- Is the server located in a different time zone as the users?

- How many users we be working with MII (Sizing)?

- What kind of GUI is needed? Is there a corporate design for the site?

- How is the plan to build the system landscape? MII development and production, or quality system too?

- What periodical jobs are needed?

- What error handling is needed (log, email etc.)

Any more ideas? Maybe we can collect ideas to build a list.

Michael

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

That is a good list. I have a few more to add:

Who will maintain the application?

What is the architecture(Dev/Test/Prod, with or without a central MII instance, with each site having a MII instance)?

Where will development take place (Plant or central)?

What kind of training is needed for the client?

Is there a database available for static data?

Who handles the NW stuff?

Thanks,

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your quick reply.

I am looking for some more ideas.

BR

Veeresh

Edited by: Veeresh Hiremath on Sep 25, 2008 2:10 PM

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Veeresh,

What kind of ideas are you looking for? Perhaps we did not understand your original request.

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Micheal,

I am looking for some more possible questionnaires for MII projects.

whatever questionnaire list you have given is what i was expecting.I have listed already some possible questionnaires from my side,but am expecting some more(if any).

BR

Veeresh