Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFC Clarification

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

The following is what i know about RFC.

RFC - A remote function call is a call to a function module running in a system different from the caller's. The remote function can also be called from within the same system (as a remote call).

I understood that RFCs can be used in applications like WebDynpro programs where the caller's system is different.

and

Also Between two interconnected SAP systems.

For example: A RFC enabled FM in developement system can be called from production system. Am i right?Anyways we wont be calling any FM between developement and production system. Ok in real life, what will be the need to use an RFC between two SAP system?

CAN ANYONE EXPLAIN ME WITH A CLEARE PICTURE AND EXAMPLE? NO LINKS Pls.

Your replies will be appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Suppose if you have two systems say s1 and s2 and let say you developed one Fm in s1 and if you want to use it in s2 you have to transport it to s2.If you create same FM with remote enabled without transporting you can give the destination of s1 and you can use in s2.Aand one more thing is generally we use rfc's in real time to call from some other systems like java webdynpro like that

regards

venkat

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Suppose if you have two systems say s1 and s2 and let say you developed one Fm in s1 and if you want to use it in s2 you have to transport it to s2.If you create same FM with remote enabled without transporting you can give the destination of s1 and you can use in s2.Aand one more thing is generally we use rfc's in real time to call from some other systems like java webdynpro like that

regards

venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.