cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in Server Tools Installation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am installing patch level 10 and have come across the error below, in the server tools installation ?

Error 1923: Service TAO NT Naming Service (TAO_NT_Naming_Services) could not be installed.Verify that you have sufficient priviledges to install system services.

The service manager is inactive, I cannot start or stop anything.

The SBODI_Service could not start

What does it mean ?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

former_member708266
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

The problem is still may related to the service

TAO_CORBA_NAMING_SERVICE.

When you install the server tool for version 2005A SP01 a dependant service called TAO_NT_NAMING_SERVICE is created.

Please kindly check whether the service was created or not. (According to my experience, in the condition that if other application like CAD (Computer-aided design) has created this kinds of service, then the system will block the server tool from creating it again)

For example,CAD application will create a service called TAO_CORBA_NAMING_SERVICE.

After removing the CAD application the service

TAO_CORBA_NAMING_SERVICE did not disappear from the system.

If you found that the above scenario is simiar with your case, I will recommend doing as follows:

1. If possible it would be a good idea to reformat the server. In some scenarios we notice that the problem was solved. I do understand that this is not always possible.

2. Install the server tools on another machine. Only the server tools, MSSQL server and the business One server can remain in the server. This works fine and the only think is that this machine will have to be always on to service client requests.

Wish the information above is useful for you.

Regards

Apple

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your help. Am very grateful.

After a thorough analysis of the my SAP installation, other softwares and the problems I have been having lately such as a failed DTW, I decided to make a clean up with a registry cleaner.

This did the trick and its now working OK.

Once again, Thank you very much.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Martin,

This message may occur when the files or registry keys are locked and the Windows Installer is

unable to overwrite them.

Please refer to the following link to get the details information :

http://www.f-prot.com/support/windows/fpwin_faq/334.html and

http://www.appdeploy.com/messageboards/tm.asp?m=17527

Also please check the services in the task manager and check if there is any other service

blocking the installation of TAO_NT_Naming_Services.

Regards,

Rakesh Pati

SAP Business One Forum Team

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check this link, which gives you the EES on "01.08.2007 - Overview of SAP Business One License Service"

This PDF explains overview of the License Service, how to test which ports are being used and errors encountered due to firewalls.

[https://websmp201.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700000680982007E/SYS_CW31_LicenseService.pdf]

Check Page No: 43, which deals with TAO NT Naming Service

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

Please check SAP Note 1142479 for detail.

Thanks,

Gordon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check note 1142479 below:

Symptom

SAP Business One might generate the following error message when you try to log on: "Connection with license server failed."

This can happen even if a connection to the license machine can be established and the license manager is started.

The issue can occur when TAO NT Naming Service is stopped.

To access this service, right-click the My Computer icon and choose Manage -> Services.

Other terms

lic, license, service, TAO, ACE, Corba.

Reason and Prerequisites

FAQ

Solution

If you encounter the above issue, use one of the following workarounds:

1. Restart the license manager (Stop and Start).

2. Activate the TAO NT Naming Service by clicking Start.

3. Restart the machine on which the license manager is installed.

If the TAO NT Naming Service is started then the issue may caused by

other root causes.

1- Please check if the ports 30000 and 30001 is not blocking

2- Check if have any kind of anti-virus and firewall run between server and client.If so,is there any log when error happens?

3- Please remove and re-install the server tools again.

4- Please enable the write to log function in the setting of license man and check is there any related information loged when error happens.

5- Please check is there any related information logged in windows eventlog when error happens.