cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adapter-Specific Message Attributes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In one of the scenarios file adapter is polling the files via ftp. We need to store the filenames.

In order to acheive this we need to set the Adapter-Specific Message Attributes for the file adapter .

But I dont see any option for this in the file communication channel.Can you please let me know how to set the message attributes.

We are on SP15.

rgds

Prashant

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Refer this,This weblog deals with this.

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/11/10/xi-the-same-filename-from-a-sender-to-a-receiver-file-adapter--sp14

Anirban.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Anirban . In fact I have refered the same weblog.

The weblog talks about set "Adapter Specific Message Properties"

But i dont see any option in the file communication channel to set .

rgds

Prashant

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>>

this thread deals with the same question. Check out the links defined in the thread

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi PRashanth,

Please check the CHECK BOX of adapter specific parameters of CC.

Thanks

Mohan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Mohan. I dont see the check box.

rgds

Prashant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prashanth,

Your file type should be TEXT not the BINARY.

Please check it out.

Thanks

Mohan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Mohan.

I dont see the chk box in both file types.

rgds

Prashant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prashanth,

Immediate after <b>processing mode</b> and <b>file type</b> you will find <b>Set Adapter-Specific Message Properties</b>with the check box.

Note: It is available for both TEXT and BINARY types also.

Thanks

Mohan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mohan ,

We dont have that option.

rgds

Prashant

former_member187339
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prashant,

Open your SAP BASIS component in IR and in the http://sap.com/xi/XI/System namespace under Adapter Metadata double click on the FILE. In the tree (that is shown on the reight side) search for Adapter-Specific Message Properties. Is it there? If no then try reimporting the SAP BASIS component.

Regards

Suraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi suraj,

I searched. I couldnt find.

Can u provide some more details.

rgds

Prashant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prashant,

The metadata for the maintaining the properties of an adapter is available in the SWCV SAP BASIS 6.40 as Suraj was telling.

In the integration Repository, this has to checked in the

SWCV SAP BAsis 6.40, under the namespace http://sap.com/xi/XI/System...expand the "Adapter Objects" --> "Adapter Metadata" and double click on the "File"...

When it opens up on the right hand side...click on the search button(binocular button)..and do a search for "Adapter-Specific"...it has to find entries in the tree below.....

If it is not there....Then SWCV-SAP BAsis 640 file for SP15 has to be downloaded from service market place and uploaded into the Integration repository(This is part of the installation/upgarde steps)..

Thanks,

Renjith

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks. I imported the software component.

Now I can find the Adapter specific settings option.

rgds

Prashant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am facing the exact same problem. Could you please direct me as to where on Market Place I can download this component. I found something:'SAPBASIS15_0-10002690.zip' but I am not sure if it is the correct one.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nevermind..found it!

Answers (0)