Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

How to build Shared Data Source in Crsytal Reports Server 2008

Dear All,

I downloaded Crystal Reports Server 2008 trial version for 60 days from you website. I am evaluating it now a days from different aspects. I would like to know that whenever i publish a report on CR server, i need to give database server credential for connectivity at each published report. If yes, than there is a problem, e.g. I published 100 reports, and after some time my DBA said we need to change database server passowrd. What happened than, i need to open every report and change the password. Is not a single place where can i mentioned all database server connectivity infomation once. And use that information every where while publishing reports. So, in case of change i need to change information at only one place not 100 places one by one.

Please guide me in this regards,

Thanks for your cooperation.

Kamran Ali

replied

Hi Kamran,

When you are reporting of a database directly, I do not know any way to change the database password for the report stored in the repository, other than to manually change it for each reports in the Central Management Console.

But if you are using one of the following semantic layer for your reports:

- Business Views, or

- Universe

You could change the database password at the Universe Data Connection Level or a the Data Connection level for a Business View, and all reports that are based of that Universe or Business View will then use this new password.

They may have a way to acheive what you want, so I moved your post to the BusinessObjects Enterprise Administration forums as Crystal Reports Design forum is for questions related to report design, and BusinessObjects Enterprise forum is dedicated to topics related to administration and configuration of BusinessObjects Enterprise, BusinessObjects Edge, and Crystal Reports Server.

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question