Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OOPS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I am new to oops concept. I want to gain better understanding on this topic. Please help me to gain the knowledge on this important topic.

Please explain me

1)CLASS1->W_TEXT : -> - what this symbol represents in coding.

2) what is the role of DEFINITION and IMPLEMENTATION.

3) while debugging , it started with CREATE OBJECT , any general rule on this

Thanks & Regards

Nani

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nani,

1) symbol -> is used to access the attributes, methods of the object.

2) Definition: It is used to define a class i.e defining attributes and method prototypes.

Implementation: It is used to provide the code to the methods i.e we will implement methods. In definition just we will provide signature of the method.

3) create object is used to create instance of the class.

If you need more i will explain u with example.

Thanks,

Naveen Kumar.

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

-> : This is a Object Component selector; by this reference variable of class calls the instance attributes or instance methods of the class.

In DEFINITION part of class, you define the attributes and methods of class, visibility concept is also defined in DEFINITION part of class.

In IMPLEMENTATION part of class, methods defined in definition part are implemented.

Debugging starts with CREATE OBJECT because processing of Object Oriented program always starts after creating the runtime object of a class(its a general rule). Class is just a description, to access the class or to make use of class, you have to create runtime object of class by using CREATE OBJECT.

Regards

Abhijeet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nani,

1) symbol -> is used to access the attributes, methods of the object.

2) Definition: It is used to define a class i.e defining attributes and method prototypes.

Implementation: It is used to provide the code to the methods i.e we will implement methods. In definition just we will provide signature of the method.

3) create object is used to create instance of the class.

If you need more i will explain u with example.

Thanks,

Naveen Kumar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks for the immediate reply