cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prepaid Expness

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sir,

My user has a Problem when he is doing entry in FB65 . Problem in Prepaid expenses account, The error in this account actually we not deduct any Tax but when I have save the entry massage are shown put the Tax Code when I put tax code nil then the massage are shown Put the base amount.

How I can resolve this Problem.

Thax in advance

Neha

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Neha,

Can you please tell me are you talking about VAT or Withholding Tax (TDS)?

If you are talking about VAT, then select the tax code as NIL and enter the base amount in the Basic tab data and then save the entry.

Hope this helps, however do let me know if ur talking abt tds or vat

Regards,

Amit Maniar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Amit,

I am talking abut Service Tax, it is alraedy setting in FS00.

Thx for quick Reply

Neha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Neha,

as per Para and prasad said pls check once in FS00, whether u have checked post without tax allowed or not. it should work as i have tested with the scenario. and ur doing FB65 which is debit memo so called as credit memo in SAP. pls check ur entry once again and do it. any issue pls reply.......

Cheers

Murali

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Murli

My problem is that I have mention the Input Tax in Prepaid Expenses into FS00 before 2 month by mistake. But Now today my user realize that there is no Tax on this account When I have change into FS00 .

The error massage are:- Changing the Tax code not possible, account has balance.

It is not saved. So how I can change in FS00.

Thx In Advance

Regards,

Neha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Neha,

Pass a Temporary Journal entry credit prepaid expense account with an amount so that the balance in the account is zero. Clear the account by f-03 so that there are no open line items in the account. After that make changes in fS00 and save them and then subsequently reverse the temporary entry passed earlier. This will solve your problem.

Regards

Mukesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mukesh,

Your logic is very good But the problem is that our fiscal year is June to May. So the the opening balance is standing on 31 May. If today I will do the clear, May I know it is effect or not the my Trail Balance.

Regards,

Neha

Former Member
0 Kudos

It will not affect your trial balance of May. The document for first nullifying the balance in prepaid account and subsequemtly reversing the same would be passed in today's date.

Regards

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Goto FS00 and check for tax category and check posting without tax allowed check box for the prepaid expenses account.

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I think you are trying to post to tax relevant gl accounts..right....

in FS00, pl check have you assign any tax codes.

Usually, prepaid exp are posted balance sheet accounts not to profit & loss accounts the entry shoul be

Pre-Paid Exp A/c Dr

To Cash or Bank A/c

Thanks

Para