cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Units of measure are different

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi friends,

I am trying to reverse the material document and its giving me erros as below please suggest how to solve this

Units of measure LB / EA are different

Message no. M7182

Diagnosis

The stockkeeping unit contained in the material document to be cancelled is not the same as the stockkeeping unit contained in the material master record. However, a document can only be cancelled if the stockkeeping units are identical.

System Response

In this case, the system will not cancel the material document.

Procedure

To carry out the reversal, re-enter the given transaction using the relevant reversal movement type.

Regards

Vishal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check Base Unit of Measurement in MM02 for the Material. This might be different as Sales unit in your Sales Doc.

You may add one in your Material Master (MM02) on to Tab: Sales: sales or 1

OR, maintain Additional unit (with conversion) under tab: Additional Data --> Unit of measurement (MM02)

Best Regards,

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi that is alreday maintained in Additional data

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can Change in MM but It may not update in the old document u have Create a new document or try to update the UOM table by Technical Consultant assistance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Friends

see I have maintained conversion factor in addtional data

and in all fields of UOM in material master is LB and in my material documents its EA

Now if i change my UOM as EA in sales: sales org1 what will be the affect?

Regards

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Wish

This link will answer your question

[Changing the Base Unit of Measurement|http://sap.ittoolbox.com/documents/popular-q-and-a/changing-the-base-unit-of-measurement-2398]

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Sales Unit is basically Unit of measure in which the material is sold. A value in this field significes that you want to use a unit of measure differing from the base unit of measure.

If the field does not contain an entry, the system will assume that the unit of measure is the base unit of measure.

Whereas, Base Unit of Measure in which stocks of the material are managed. The system converts all the quantities you enter in other units of measure (alternative units of measure) to the base unit of measure.

You define the base unit of measure and also alternative units of measure and their conversion factors in the material master record.

Now, if you change Sales Unit (as you can't Change Base unit of Measurement*), System will prompt the canged Sales Unit as an alternative to BaseUoM at time of Sales Doc. Creation.

IMP: You can't change UoM in Sales Doc, once subsequent processes are carried-out.

Best Regards,

Amit.

*NOTE: refer link:

http://www.sap-basis-abap.com/mm/changing-base-unit-of-measure.htm

for better understanding.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

thanks for now its sure I can not change the UOM in sales as I have stock and many other open documents

now I tried to reverse this using return delivery in MIGO its giving me

Qty in Unit of Entry

Qty in SKUerror

perfect after converson but facing problem as below can we solve it? I have checked the table with function code and there is entry for 262

Check table T156N: entry RL 262 does not exist

Message no. M7001

Diagnosis

In table T156N the entry RL 262 is missing.

Procedure

Make sure your entries are correct.

I checked table with

If table has not been maintained correctly, please inform your systems administrator.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In material Master enter sales Unit as EA. And try it.

Rajesh

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Vishal

Please check in delivery document what unit of measure is flowing. Compare with material master and ensure that both are same.

From your error message, it seems in either of the place, it is different. Maintain the same unit in material master and try to reverse the document.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Lakshmipathi,

Actually this document was created long back and now clint want to reverse the same.

When this document was created, UOM was EA now its changed to LB.

so how to overcome this?

Sorry forgot to mention 1 thing, in material amster they have maintained the conversion factor as 1 EA === 10 LB.

IS it possible i can change the quanity and UOM in material document while reversing?

Regards

Vishal

Edited by: WISH on Sep 24, 2008 6:59 AM