Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to remove Left side navigation on Portal screen

former_member205363
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

I want create Role, workstation and IView. Means I dont want left side links so, I created Role, Workstation and IView but on portal screen leftside navigation also coming, could you please help in this.

Regards,

Lakshmi Prasad.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prasad,

Goto The pages and iViews (which u have assigned to that role) properties,

Select Property Category: Navigation

Initial State of Navigation Panel = Close, than save it. now the detail navigation won't appear.

Regards,

Chinnadurai R

{Points are welcome}

former_member205363
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thank you

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Making changes to default framework page may not be safe always. Why not use collapse arrow on the panel? That would do it, I hope. In case you are changing anything to default framework page like some visibility changes or setting 'Initial state of panel' to close etc, you can take a copy of it and make changes. Preview it. If it is fine, then add this framework page to user desktop and use. That would be better.

Regards,

Harini S

former_member189631
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Lakshmi,

You have do some modification on desktop framework page.

Please follow these procedure :-

Content admin -> portal content -> Navigate & Open default Framework page ->

select the check box "Desktop inner page" -> Press Open -> Select the check box in the Visibible column against "Content Area" (uncheck the remaining checkboxes for others in Desktop inner page) -> save -> logout and login to portal

Ram

former_member189631
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Also,

Its a good practice change any modification in standard deafult framework page. Copy the standard deafult framework and do changes then assign it ti your current desktop.

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi lakshmi,

if you want to hide the detailed navigation, then go to the framework page of you portal you will find the Destop Innerpage.Open it & you can see an iview for detailed navigation for which visible check box is marked.Just uncheck & you are done.

Hope it helps.Award points if found helpful.

Regards,

Gourav.