cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Positions of windows getting changed for different login languages.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have to create a script having original language EN and translated to HE (hebrew) for cheque printing.

I have created the layout having the main window and 8 other variable windows.

When I am executing the script in EN the alignment is coming ok.. but whenever I am printing through HE, the alignment changes and it seems the windows are getting aligned from right to left.

Is there any way possible to correct this, or can we dynamically change the position of the windows when we login through the different login languages.

Thanks.

Arindam.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arindam...

Is the Script in EN is original one or wht ? and How did You translate EN Script to HE ??

Have you used Utilities -> Convert Original Language to translate ??

Regards,

sg

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suneel,

The script is having original lang. EN... I did the translation in the following way...

SE71--> header --> (Language Attributes) To Individual Language --> HE.

I also activated the script before printing in both HE and EN.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I worked on Hebrew forms in 4.6C. Please remember you can not use the same forms for Hebrew and other languages, as the language starts from right to left and hence window co-ordinates starts from right to left. I believe you have a different company code for form in English and Hebrew. Please maiantain two different forms for two company codes.

If you are using higher version it may support same form name but not sure. If you have any questions on Hebrew forms please let me know, I can share my knowledge as I worked in Israel.

Best Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkataganesh,

The problem is that I need to create the same form for both EN (as the original key) and HE (as a translation) due to the programming standards we follow.

This is also a functional requirement of the development.

Though I know that this is difficult to implement, I myself might have found out the way to rectify the changes in window position.

You can create the form in EN as usual, but when you login through HE you need to do the following changes just before the print.

Customise local layout (Alt + F12) --> Charecter Set --> Hebrew (Right Justified)

Though I must say that since I do not have a printer configured to my ODC I have never really tested this but the print preview seems to come correct.

Would definitely like to know your comments on the above.

Regards,

Arindam.