cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Remove a Company

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to remove a company(created for test purpose) from my company list. How can I do that?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The other - easier - option is just to use the "detach" command in SQL server. Tis will leave it there, but remove it from the Choose Company list

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member187989
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Below link will guide you how to detach a database.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms191491.aspx

Jeyakanthan

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Few very important things before you DELETE the company using the steps explained.

1. Detatch all licenses, just to make sure that you do not have users linked to lincenses which are not in your other databases..if they are then you will have missing licneses then there are a few steps to get this right. So it is better to disconnect all licenses.

2. Backup the database that you are going to delete, just in case you may need it for any reference purposes.

3. Detatch it instead of deleting if necessary

Suda

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sir,

Is there any issue with SBO-COMMON database? Is any record still saved in the Common database after deleting the company?

former_member186095
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

if you want to reomove the SBO COmmon database, it means you will have to reinstall application server. So, I suggest do no remove it.

There is no connection with it. The removed company database will not give impact to it.

Rgds,

Former Member
0 Kudos

SBO-COMMON is only storing commonly used values. Other than database-user table may save something in the SBO-COMMON, there is no problem to delete the test database.

Thanks,

Gordon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanx.

Will u plz describe in short what data are stored in SBO-Common database? Or give me a link of document.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can use SQL Server management studio to find it out.

Thanks,

Gordon

former_member186095
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Open the SQL server management studio --> right click SBO-Common database --> double click tables in the summary tab.

you can query the data by right click --> select and click open table

or use query script to know the data inside the tables of the SBO common database.

Rgds,

Former Member
0 Kudos

You cannot delete a Company from SAP.

You have to use the SQL Server Management Studio and select the Database and Rightclick and Delete.

Now in SAP Login Screen, press refresh. The deleted company will not be listed.