cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with installing Java Sneak Preview

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I tried to download (from here) and install Sneak Preview SAP NetWeaver 04 - Full Java Edition, but the installation never finishes.

After doing some settings, the installation starts, but never goes past a point where it says "trying to create table DAV_PROPERTY". I have already waited 12 hrs, but it does not continue. The task manager shows a process "java.exe", which seems to do something, but... see above.

Has anyone experienced this problem or do you know what could be wrong?

System requirements are met, PC has 1GB RAM and Windows XP.

Thanks a lot for any help, Elmar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

kishorg
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Elmar,

have u found any errors , or warnings in the detailed log while installation?.

i think from the detailed log , we will get what has happened during installation.

some errors might have happened at the time of creation of this table DAV_PROPERTY.

just try to stop the installation and start new one.

if its again stucked in the same step ..

i think the Max DB installation has finished.

u can start reinstallation by deleting this table from data base ..try this..

details about this are in the link

regards

Kishor Gopinathan

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Elmar,

I struggled with a similar issue, where it was trying to populate the java database and stalling forever.

My problem was I was running the JDK 1.4.2_10, which evidently doesnt work with NW04. I downgraded to 1.4.2_08 and the installer was then able to successfully load the database. Note that that step DOES take quite a while though! But if you look at the log output you can see something written to it every so often so you know its still working.

hope this helps,

david

kishorg
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Elmar,

about which installation are you talking?.

is it J2EE WAS installation?.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes. Exactly, it is "Sneak Preview SAP NetWeaver 04 - Full Java Edition with Web AS Java 6.40, MaxDB, and Developer Studio" as found at https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/downloads (-> Web AS).