cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to run script logic

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I have a simple data allocation logic with me and i was advised to run it as a script file, i.e.

u can run as script logic

from DAta manager

copy of FXTRANS SCRIPT

change the name of the script logic file to ur script

Unfortunately i'll need more detailed steps in order to run the script logic, especially " from data manager, copy of FXTRANS script "

Cheers

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lip,

In this forum please check the thread/message 'Creating a DTS package to execute logic'. It could be useful for you.

regards,

Lokesh Nandula

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The codes from "how to use the bpc allocation engine" works

Former Member
0 Kudos

Why not put it into default logic?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If it works through default logic, that would be fine as well.

I just need the detailed steps.

Cheers

pravin_datar
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

If you want to run your logic as a part of default logic, here are the steps:

1. Create a logic file in your application where you want this to be executed by selecting 'add new logic' option in the action pane. Make sure that the logic has the right syntax and passes the validation. Say you name your logic file as URSCRIPT. It will be stored as urscript.lgf

2. Open up defaullt.lgf in the same application. Insert a line where you want URSCRIPT to be executed. (If your default.lgf is blank, then it does not matter )

3. Type: *INCLUDE URSCRIPT

4. Click validate and save

5. Now every time you write a record, URSCRIPt will be executed.

Regards

Pravin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pravin,

I am using BPC 5.1. I am trying to run a data allocation logic through default.lgf, is that possible?

What i have done so far is:

1) create a new logic file called DataAlloc.lgf

2) i am trying to allocate 70 percent of salesfrance into salesuk, and 30 percent into salesitaly, hence the logic is:

*RUNALLOCATION

*FACTOR=USING/100

*DIM ENTITY WHAT=SALESFRANCE; WHERE=>>> ; USING< >SALESFRANCE

*DIM ACCOUNT WHAT=ICSALES; WHERE=<<< ; USING=PERCENT

*ENDALLOCATION

3) in default.lgf, i have entered the following line:

*INCLUDE DataAlloc

4) i use EVSND to send 70 into percent (account dimension), salesuk (entity dimension)

and EVSND to send 30 into percent (account dimension), salesitaly (entity dimension)

5) finally i use EVSND to send 200 into ICSALES (account dimension), salesfrance (entity dimension)

Hence according to the steps given by you, i should be seeing 140 (i.e. 200 x 0.7) if i perform a EVGTS for ICSALES (account dimension), salesuk (entity) and a 60 (i.e. 200 x 0.3) if i perform a EVGTS for ICSALEs (account dimension), salesitaly (entity) BUT I AM NOT SEEING ANY OF THOSE AT ALL.

Can you tell me which steps i have missed or whether i have messed up the order of performing the steps.

Cheers

Edited by: lip chean soh on Sep 26, 2008 8:12 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lip,

The allocation logic works like this.

If you have a valuse A in for set of dimensions defined in WHAT and value B for dimensions defined in USING, then value A X factor( factor can use using) will be written to set of dimensions defined in WHERE.

In your case, WHAT and USING A are defined properly.

To allocate to salesuk, WHERE should be salesuk.

It should be like,

// Allocation to salesuk

*RUNALLOCATION

*FACTOR=USING/100

*DIM ENTITY WHAT=SALESFRANCE; WHERE=salesuk ; USINGSALESFRANCE

*ENDALLOCATION

//Allocation to salesitaly will be

*RUNALLOCATION

*FACTOR=100--USING/100

*DIM ENTITY WHAT=SALESFRANCE; WHERE=salesitaly ; USINGSALESFRANCE

*ENDALLOCATION

Including allocation in default logic, you can check if it is working fine. Generally you will not run allocation in default logic. It can be sheduled using datamanager by creating a dts package. BPC custom task K2DTSRunlogic will run logic in dts/ssis

Hope this helps,

Kranthi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I will try DTS package later but at the moment, i want to see how data allocation works.

I tried your logic and after using EVSND to send 200 to SalesFrance, I am still not seeing anything for SalesUK and SalesItaly when i performed a EVGTS when i expected SalesUK and SalesItaly to be populated automatically. Neither am i seeing anything in tblfactwbFinance in SQL Server Management Studio. Please advise.

Thanks for your prompt reply so far.

Cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Lip,

it may be as we are missing "=" in using parameter. use using = salesfrance in *dim entity

Kranthi