cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Object link with finanace Documents (Vendor Invoice) Tcode FB03

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Can DMS object link be maintained with finance documents for ex Vendor Invoice?

Tcode FB03.

Thanks

Ansih

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can link documents to purchase order item or purchase requisition then obviously this will be displayed in vendor invoice.

Best practice is to use SAP DMS standard functions. Don't go to link with vendor invoice.Anyhow MIRO and MIGO transaction are

depeandent on purchase requisition.I hope this will resolve your query and is a best practice.

Regards,

Ravindra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravindra

so, if i link a file with a DMS document to the purchase order I can see it also from Invoice? How to see documents from FB03?

But...DMS documents could be linked to Purchase Order with EKPO table, so to a PO item..what appens if I register an invoice for a different item?

And for invoices registered directly on FI (from FB60)? for Orders not managed on SAP MM...

Why not link directly to the vendor invoice BKPF table?

Thanks and Regards

Alessandro

jack_graus2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There is standard no object link for acounting documents. When defining object link in DMS document type customizing, we used object type BKPF (acounting document) with screen no 500. Screen 500 is standard not implemented but can be implemented together with its PBO and PAI modules using BADI definition DOCUMENT_OBJ.

Regards Jack

Former Member
0 Kudos

DMS Should not be used for linking vendor invoices. There is no need to build object links for vendor invoices when archivelink already gives you this ability. I suggest you search for more information on how to link documents with ArchiveLink.

In short:

DMS = Documents that have their own life cycle or approval cycle. I.e. procedure.

ArchiveLink = Static (scanned) documents relating to transactional information. I.e Invoice.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts

the solution to link vendor invoices to DMS with BKPF table with screen 500...it works? what's PBO and PAI modules?

With ArchiveLink is not possible to have DMS documents linked to my objects and original files...is it?

Thanks a lot

Regards

Alessandro