cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Password Locked

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

One of my accounts encountered the following error while trying to login to the portal: "Authentication failed. Password locked"

I searched for this user under identity management and this is what I get:

Password Locked - Checked

User Account Locked - Unchecked.

When I click on the modify button, only the 'User Account Locked' option is available for me to uncheck. Where can I disable the 'Password Locked'? And what is the difference between password lock and account lock?

I am using LDAP as the source.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Password Locked check box represents whether your account has been locked due to Incorrect Password attempts.. If you try logging with incorrect passwords 3 times, then the password gets locked..

Account Locked - This can only be done by the user with Administrator roles..Account Lock is to restrict unpriveleged access..

So in your case the Password is locked due to incorrect attempts.. As you are using LDAP for user authentication, my assumption is every night the LDAP is refreshed to reflect the new users created/deleted/changed.So the password will be unlocked automatically..

Also it does not make sense to manually unlock the password(Guess! Coorect me if wrong).

Regards

Thilip Kumar

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tzyy ,

You have to check in portal whether the user is in active satge. if the password is locked than it's inactive.

so login to portal using super user or the user who has user administration authority and search this perticular user.

unlock the user there and unlock the same user in LDAP. and reset the password.

using this password the user can able to login.

if useful gv rewards point.

Regards

Deepak