cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vendor Site --> Vendor Subrange

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I am new to SAP, I want to know the option of Vendor Subrange. Let me explain my scenario:

We have a vendor (ABC) who is supplying promotional and packaging material. The vendor is supplying both the material from two different geographical locations. Promotional material is supplying from location A and packaging is supplying from location B. Vendor addresses and payment terms are different from each other.

I checked in the SAP help and found that this site option will be catered in SAP through vendor sub-range. I have some questions regarding that. Questions are :

1) How I open vendor sub-range?

2) Do I need to open two vendors with same name (ABC) and link both of them with each other?

3) How can I call the vendor sub-range on PO?

If anyone provide step by step guide of opening the vendor sub-range it will be great help for me.

Regards

Imran

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can use Vendor Sub range.

In XK02 - In Purchasing Data of Vendor master, click menu Extras > Add. purchasing data, here activate "Data retent. at VST level allowed" and press enter.

Now click on "Sub-ranges" button and enter a code and description for VSR.

Now click o "Alternative data" button, here specify VSR Code and activate "Purchasing data" & "Partner Function" indicator and enter

It will give Purchasing screen to maintain purchasing details at VSR level, here specify all details like' Payment terms, currency, etc...

Now In ME21N, specify the vendor and then at Item details level in "Material data" tab, select the appropriate VSR and it will adopt all purchasing details from that.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kunal

Yeah the ordering address are different. That is what I written previously that Vendor has two sites with different addresses.

It means I have to create ABC for site 1 and ABC1 for site2, please clearify.

Imran

Former Member
0 Kudos

when I worked on XK02 and I go to partner function and defining the data on the vendor sub-range level, the partner function screen asking the vendor number for Ordering address.

Do I need to create a separate vendor or I have to select the same vendor? If I'll select the same vendor then how will I change the address.

kunal_ingale
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

if ur ordering vendor address is diffrent then use the diffrent vendors

if no then use the same

'VN' is the vendor code ie., vendor is person who is going to suppy the material.

OA - Vendor Address on which you are going to raise purchase order

PI - Vendor Address from which you will get the invoice.

regards

kunal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any step by step guide will be helpfull.

Imran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do I need to create two vendors with same name or I just need to open one vendor and open two ranges; 1-Promotional and 2-Packaging.

Kindly clearify.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You no need to create two vendors.you can maintain the two ranges in one..

there is no use of creating VSR when u need to create two vendors

Edited by: MANI ROOPA SD/MM on Sep 24, 2008 5:44 AM