cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One time Customers (A/R Invoice+Payment)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone;

If a customer makes a partial payment. Can he be configured as a one time customer(A/R Invoice+Payment). As per my understanding the pre-requisites for one time customers are:-

1) The Customer pays the entire amount at once.

2) The Customer does not need documents such as an order, or delivery note document.

but at the same time there is an exception given in the book for one time customers that is:-

" Exception: The Customer only makes a partial payment*

In this case, you should create a separate customer master record for this customer so that you can moniter the incoming payments"

I dont understand what is the point of this exception because if the customer is not paying all the amount at once the customer cannot be a one time customer. What is the point of giving this exception under this heading. I am confused..

Thanks and Regards

Nitin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jitin_chawla
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin,

The following is the details about the AR Invoice + Payment from the Online Help (F1):

Use the invoice with payment for cash sales to one-time customers, who have to pay the full invoice amount immediately.

Prerequisites

You create a separate master record once for one-time customers. This master record is defined during system initialization, when G/L account determination is defined as a standard customer for invoices with payment.

When you access the A/R Invoice + Payment function, the data relating to the one-time customer is copied to the transaction. You can then maintain the customeru2019s name and address.

SAP Business One manages the invoice with payment as it does a standard invoice. The corresponding posting in the accounting system and any posting in Inventory Management are processed automatically by the system when the invoice with payment is added.

The customer has to pay the invoice amount in full. Attempting to enter a partial payment generates an error message

So if you add a partial payment for that invoice you will get error.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Jitin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Jitin..

Regards

Nitin..

Answers (0)