cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Messages in multiple languages

Former Member
0 Kudos

Goodday. Actually I translated the label and button text into logon language using otr texts. Now I need to convert all messages into logon languages. Messages are done using message manager. So please give solution for me how to convert the messages into logon languages.

Thanks,

Sudha.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sudha,

You can specify messages using OTR. e.g.

CALL METHOD cl_wd_utilities=>get_otr_text_by_alias

EXPORTING

alias = 'ZLSD_WIP_WD/ZL_MATTER_CODE'

language = sy-langu "(Specify Logon Language over here)"

RECEIVING

alias_text = lv_otr.

Regards

Vishal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vishal,

Goodday. Normally to change the label and button text we create otr text and bind it to the text property of the label and button. but to change the text in messages as per logon language u said to call the method in the class cl_wd_utilities. But when we create otr text for messages where should we bind the otr text created for message? Can u please tell me how this method get_otr_text_by_alias works? and also can u tell me where to call the method get_otr_text_by_alias? Whether we have to call the method get_otr_text_by_alias after calling the message manager. Please do explain me about this in detail.

Thanks,

Sudha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

For displaying message, it better to use message class instead of using otr.

Using transcation se91 create a message class and messages, this can be called in WDA

• get message manager

DATA lo_api_controller TYPE REF TO if_wd_controller.

DATA lo_message_manager TYPE REF TO if_wd_message_manager.

lo_api_controller ?= wd_this->wd_get_api( ).

CALL METHOD lo_api_controller->get_message_manager

RECEIVING

message_manager = lo_message_manager

• report message

CALL METHOD lo_message_manager->report_t100_message

EXPORTING

msgid = (Name of the Message Class)

msgno = (Message Number)

msgty = (E - Error, W - Warning...)

• p1 =

• p2 =

• p3 =

• p4 =

• msg_user_data =

• is_permanent = ABAP_FALSE

• scope_permanent_msg = CO_MSG_SCOPE_CONTROLLER

• view =

• show_as_popup =

• controller_permanent_msg =

• msg_index =

• cancel_navigation =

This will display the message in logon language.

Thanks

Vishal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vishal,

Goodday

As u said, if we create message class and call the message manager method can u say me where we mention about the language conversion as per logon language. If we do as above it is not changing to logon language as we didnt mention anything regarding logon language or language conversion in message manager. So can u explain me in detail.

I'm not able to solve the issues and please do help me.

Thanks,

Sudha.

alejandro_bindi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Using SE91 messages (i.e. using report_t100_message method) you don't need to specify any language parameter. As long as the message is translated to or created in the language of the user which is running the web dynpro (SY-LANGU system variable), the message will be shown in that language without you doing anything.

If they do not show properly maybe translation is missing, do it either from SE91 or SE63 and check the entries in T100 table to be sure.

Edited by: Alejandro Bindi on Oct 1, 2008 10:42 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alejandro Bindi & Vishal,

Thanks for your solution. I got the output with your answers. I close this thread by awarding points for both of you.

Thanks friends,

Sudha.

Answers (0)