cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BEx Analyzer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

This is the first time i am working on BEX Analyzer 7.0 version. I created a query and also executed, i could see the data in the report. Now i need to add few more chara in the Rows column, But here i dont see the option of GLOBAL VIEW in the query as we used to have in 3.X version. How do i change the query without going out of bex analyzer and relogging again?

Regards

Annie

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi annie,

If you put the charecteristics in free charecteristics you can simply you can use otherwise explicitely you need to go to Bex Query Designer and drag the charecteristics into rows area and save it and go back to Bex Analyzer and execute the report again.

get back to me if you need any help

vadlamudi

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you

former_member204514
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Annie,

Yes ,There is no global view in BI 7 for changing query as in 3.5.To change query simply goto Tools-> Edit query. It will change the query Globally.

Regards,

aanand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thanks for the replies.

Anand: Tools-> Edit query. It will change the query Globally.

Where do i find Tools--> Edit query option in Analyzer.

Now i create a query in query designer and executed, After executing, the seperate internet explorer page is being displyed and tat page says " The address in not valid".

Here i dont understand, after executing why seperate page is opening and saying "The address is not valid"

Regards

Annie

former_member207028
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anne,

In BI 7.0, BEx Analyzer is different to BW 3.X,

In BI 7.0 for changing the Query, go to Design mode and Change the Query.

or directly change in Query Designer,

Start- > programes -> Business Explorer - > Query Deisgner.

Regards

Daya Sagar