Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

variant configuration

deepu_p2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi guys.

I am entirely new to variant configuration. i am in a project on vc.i am having some doubts.

if i have a kmat material with a class number 300 in my bom.how do i set the object dependencies.

and generally VC is for make to order.i think i will be using an order bom for production. is it right?

and where do all these configurations appear in my production order?

and how do i make my routing super routing?

if some one who is working on VC or has knowledge on VC can provide me with their contact detales . it will be really helpful to me

<remove e-Mail ID please read the rules next time>

Edited by: deepu p on Sep 24, 2008 3:06 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Create a Material type KMAT MM01

Define Configuration Profile CU41

Create Characteristics PKG (e.x Packaging Size: 200MM Box, 400MM Box) CT04

Create Class type 300 CL01

Assign Characteristics to Class CL20

Assign Class to Configuration Profile CU42

Create a BOM with All Packaging material BOX. (Super BOM) CS01

Create Object Dependencies for each Packaging material

Select Item and click Object Dependencies from the menu

Use selection condition as showed below for 200MM Box component item

PKG eq '200MM' or (PKG = '200MM')

Create Sales order for the variant material VA01

During MRP run system must pick 200MM item, if you select 200MM box as packaging material in the charateristics.

U also can check results in the CU50

Please if helpful

Neel

deepu_p2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

how do we use super routing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Same as like BOM...

Define Operations and used selection object dependencies

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Pls find details about Super Routing / Routing for Configurable Material as below :

Routings for Configurable Materials

Use

A routing (or task list) for a configurable material contains all the operations, operation sequences, and production resources/tools (PRTs) that are required to manufacture all variants of a configurable material.

Routings (task lists) for configurable materials are known as super task lists.

When you configure the material, you assign characteristic values that are used in production to determine the operations required.

In the processing industries, master recipes are used instead of task lists. Master recipes contain all the recipe objects that are required for all product variants.

Features

To maintain task lists for configurable materials, choose Routings ® Routing ® Create. You create the routing in the same way as for other materials.

You can assign dependencies to the operations, operation sequences, and PRTs in routings for configurable materials.

You can assign dependencies to the phases, operations, BOM items, and secondary resources in master recipes.

You can assign the following dependency types:

Selection conditions

To ensure that operations, operation sequences, and PRTs are selected when they are needed in a variant, you assign selection conditions to them.

Selection conditions also ensure that the correct objects in master recipes are selected.

Procedures (actions)

To change fields in operations and PRTs, such as the standard values, you use procedures or actions.

In master recipes, you can change fields in operations, phases, secondary resources, and BOM components.

Creating Local Object Dependencies for an Operation

Select an operation in the operation overview.

Choose the menu options Extras ® Object dependencies ® Editor.

If the operation does not have any object dependencies,

you reach a dialog box.

Choose a dependency type and press Continue.

You access the editor screen for creating object dependencies.

If the operation has object dependencies,

you reach the assignment screen with existing object dependencies.

Press New entries, enter the name of the new object dependency and press Dependency editor.

A dialog box appears where you can enter a change number.

Press Continue.

You access the editor screen for creating object dependencies.

Creating Global Object Dependencies in an Operation

1.Select an operation in the operation overview.

2.Choose the menu options Extras ® Object dependencies ® Assignments

or

double-click on the OD indicator.

3.You access the Maintain Dependency: Assignments to Objects screen.

4.Enter the name of the dependency and the dependency type.

5.Save the routing.

Editing Configurable Routings

You have to create configurable bills of material as well as configurable routings for configurable materials. A configurable routing describes the production process for all variants of a product. Instead of creating a routing for each variant of a product, you can create operations for one routing, or a "super" routing.

The "super" routing is a combination of operations, operation sequences and production resources/tools which are

needed for all variants of the configurable material

or

variant-specific

You use selection conditions in a routing to specify which operations are required for a specific variant.

An operation specified for polishing is always necessary at the end of production for a car. However, operations to install and test an air conditioner are only necessary if air conditioning is an option chosen for the car.

You create a routing for a configurable material in the same way as any other routing. However, you must also maintain object dependencies for:

Sequences

Operations/sub-operations

Production resource/tool assignments

In the operation overview, the indicator OD to the right of the operation allows you to see whether object dependencies already exist. By double-clicking on the indicator, you access assignment maintenance.

When you create an order for a configurable material, the system configures the appropriate routing using object dependencies.

You can use the results of a configuration simulation ( CU50) when you create a routing.

Changing Values in a Routing

You can use object characteristics in object dependencies to access specific routing values and change them depending on the configuration. You can access the fields in the following tables:

PLPOD (operations)

PLFHD (production resources/tools)

You use actions and procedures to access the table field where you change a value.

The table shows the typical fields you can change using object dependencies.

Table: Changeable Fields

Routing table

Field

PLPOD (operations)

Standard value

Unit of measure

Operation text

PLFHD (production resources/tools)

Quantity of the PRT

PLFLD (operation sequences)

Lot size from...to

Steps to Access a Field in a Routing

1.You create a characteristic that refers to one of the fields in the tables shown.

2.In an action, you assign the value to be used for a specific configuration to this field depending on the characteristic value assignment.

3.You assign the action to an operation. Once the operation is selected, the action is carried out and the value of the field changes.