cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Location of swf file in BOE

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can anybody let me know the actual physical location(or path) of a saved xlf or exported swf dashboard in BOE.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

amrsalem1983
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

its gonna be saved at the FRS file in

C:\Program Files\Business Objects\BusinessObjects Enterprise 12.0\FileStore\Input

but you are not allowed to access those files directly, because it saved with a structre which is known only by BOE

if you wan to access some files from there, you should import it using the suitable tool, and you can work with it, then you can rexport it again.

good luck

Amr

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply Salem,

So can I give this path(C:\Program Files\Business Objects\BusinessObjects Enterprise 12.0\FileStore\Input) for flash security, that is add the directory where swfs are stored to u201Calways allowu201D on flash security settings.

amrsalem1983
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

no, i think we miss something here

please tell me exactly wats ur problem?

thank you

Amr

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm getting some errors as described below when I try to open swf from BOE. The reason why Iu2019m looking for that is to try and add the directory where they are stored to u201Calways allowu201D on flash security settings. I know that itu2019s necessary to do that, all u need is a crossdomain file, but some people have said that theyu2019ve done both to eliminate the 2048 and 2071 errors.

We can see the physical location of the reports right? so why can't we follow the path and see the swf or xlf objects in BOE(whats the structure in which these are stored in BOE). Thanks again!

amrsalem1983
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

i think you are talking about when a flash file needs to access the internet.

do you open the flash file from the infoview, at the same server of the BO?

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes, from infoview at the server. Also I would like to know of the settings if any needed by users for opening swf from client machines.

amrsalem1983
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

actually, if you export the swf to the BOE, you dont need to do any security settings at the flash side.

but, dont open it from the server itself, you have to open it from the client machines, not the server.

good luck

Amr

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, thanks!

One more question: Whats the extension of exported swf in BOE(something like .rpt to search in Input Folder in the server)

amrsalem1983
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

i think its swf too, but with garbage name

actually i didnt see it before.

but if you want to know the name, you can know the full name and the path of the file from the CMC (Administration Web panel)

go to folders

navigate to your file.

click this file

in the proberties under the name of the file , you will find the full path of it.

good luck

Amr

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yup got it, Thanks a lot for your help.

I was able to get the swf stored with ext .tmp, but some widgets were not seen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Amr,

What do you mean by "don't open it from the server itself"? If you open it via infoview, the execution happens on the server and then result sent back to the client machine via the browser right? Did you mean to download the flash file and run it locally on the client machine instead of info view? What am I missing?

Thanks,

Jimmy

amrsalem1983
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

i just mean, dont access it from the FileStore Directly,, as a file system

you can open it from infoview.

thats it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

I've seen some of those weird error messages such as the 2170 manifest themself even in infoview. This occured when I imported my flash files from one server to the other and forgot to recreate the QOS strings on the new server. This is probably what he is experiencing. If that is the case, create your query strings and you should not have this problem in the infoview. Otherwise, the advice is correct as you should NOT have to set any security options for the flash player otherwise.

Answers (0)