cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error message tranfer order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi gurus !

I'm using the ssc1 tx to transfer orders from the same client. In the client "a" everything is alright, but whenever i try to transfer my order of release strategies for the purchase requisition to client "b", i got an error message -> "Message no. ME179" <- . I've already created the clases and characteristics in the client "b" as well as in client "a".Does annybody knows whats wrong ?

Pleas help !!!.

Thx a lot XD

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check the OSS Note 45951

Symptom

Use ALE to transport class data from client to client or system to system. This ensures consistent data (unlike the client copy of class data).

In contrast, you can only copy master data and transaction data completely for the client copy of class data, and the target client m u s t be e m p t y. Copying individual class tables does not ensure consistency of data.

Other terms

Transport classes

Transport characteristics

Transport classification

OMGQ, ME179

Reason and Prerequisites

Assigned object dependencies can only be distributed as of Release 3.1G. Changes with the engineering change management can only be distirbuted as of Release 4.0B.

Solution

Maintain the partner profile and the port (automatically or manually) with Transaction SALE by choosing 'Communication' in the hierarchy.

You may need to consult your system administrator to do this.

Maintain the logical connection and the message objects for distribution by choosing 'Distribution customer model' in the hierarchy.

The objects are CHRMAS (characteristics), CLSMAS (classes), and CLFMAS (classification). Please note that you can only distribute classification correctly if the classified object is distributed first.

The distribution of classifications of class type 013 and 014 is not supported in IDoc type CLFMAS because of mass problems.

Classifications for class type 100 cannot be sent via ALE (CLFMAS).

By choosing 'Communication', you can check the consistency of objects in the source and target systems.

Select the object you want to check in Transaction BALE. Choose 'Master data', select the object you require, then enter the range of the objects to be distributed.

Under Help - R/3 (SAP) Library you can find an overview on how to carry out the ALE Customizing. It is located on the path 'Cross Application -> Business Framework Architecture (as of Release 4.0B) --> ALE Application Link Enabling -> Quickstart'.

The required Customizing is explained by using the material master as an example. For your Customizing, replace message type 'MATMAS' (for the material master) with message types 'CHRMAS', 'CLSMAS', and 'CLFMAS' (see above for more information).

(As of Release 4.6A, the following path exists: Help - SAP Library - BASIS - Middleware - ALE Application Link Enabling: ALE Introduction / ALE programming guide. You must set up ALE for the message types CHRMAS, CLSMAS, CLFMAS)

Regards,

Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar !

Sorry i'm quit new at this. I tried to follow the instructions you gave me, but i got lost. I don't find in the hierarchy the distribution model for customer so I can maintain the objects, clases & characteristics ...

Can you help me?

Thx !

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

The characterstics and class are unique master data and have to be created in the respective client.

The client to which you are transferring already contains the same data.

Hence the system probably gives an error.

The data for charactristics and class has to bre replicated in different clients and not copied or trANSFERRED.

hOPE IT HELPS!!

Regards,

Prasanna.