cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Excluding" selection in query

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello guys,

I was testing a report for the BI team and ran analysis in RSECADMIN. i was surprised to see that one of the authorization errors was charecteristic (attribute level) 0sales_off is being checked for "not equal to" for value BEA (sales office value). It should actually be checking (including) for that value (not excluding).

So does this mean the query has an exlcude selection in the definition..

more over it tried to use an exclude authorization (E EQ <value>) in RSECADMIN--> authorization maintenance for the charecteristic 0sales_off but the column for include / exclude is greyed out. It does not allow me to select "E" instead of "I".

Any suggestions?

Regards,

Prashant

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> Hello guys,

>

> I was testing a report for the BI team and ran analysis in RSECADMIN. i was surprised to see that one of the authorization errors was charecteristic (attribute level) 0sales_off is being checked for "not equal to" for value BEA (sales office value). It should actually be checking (including) for that value (not excluding).

>

> So does this mean the query has an exlcude selection in the definition..

If the trace is showing that query is checking for EXCLUDING value BEA, then check the query in query designer to see how actually query is designed.

> more over it tried to use an exclude authorization (E EQ <value>) in RSECADMIN--> authorization maintenance for the charecteristic 0sales_off but the column for include / exclude is greyed out. It does not allow me to select "E" instead of "I".

>

> Any suggestions?

>

> Regards,

> Prashant

Are you trying to update an existing AA Object ? Then try removing the entry which is for I and then add a new entry for E. I guess you are trying to make that query run and hence you attempted to update the AA object.

Good Day !!

Zaheer

Answers (0)