Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Export to PDF wrong font

I have a web site that creates 2 reports using the Garamond font. One is size 12, the other is size 14.

When I export on my development machine, the PDF has the correct fonts in it (embedded subset), however, when I move onto my QA machine, one of the Exported PDFs has Arial, and the other has TNR. I checked, and the fonts are installed on the server.

Any suggestions?

replied

Hi Jason,

When you run modules check off File Date and Path. When installing they may be different and does not filter properly when using the Differences function.

On the Windows 2003 PC open Control Panel, and double click on Regional and Language Options. Click on the Language Tab and check on Install Fonts for complex scripts.... Now click on the Advanced tab and in Default user account settings check on apply all settings....

This should give the system accounts access to all fonts installed. Also note that even though the fonts may be the same by name there could be minor differences due to the OS. They also must be True Type.

Adobe will do font substitution if it can't find the font the PDF was created with. CR does not embed licensed fonts. Work around is to export to Editable Word RTF format then using Office 2007 you have an option to add a PDF "save as/export" plugin which will embed the licensed fonts.

Thank you

Don

0 View this answer in context

Helpful Answer

by
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question