cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File content conversion

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a problem while converting a flat file into XML structure.

My file has 10 fields of fixed field lengths in my first record and if all my fields have data in them after content conversion all the 10 fields come in,and if i have data only in 9 fields then only 8 fields come in,the last 2 fields get ignored.I have filled spaces for the last fields.

I tried with lastFieldsOptional=YES,didn't work

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

I believe your content conversion parameter will have

fieldFixedLengths, fieldNames etc defined and since when you give all the 10 fields everything seems good i guess it might be a problem with your input file.

When you say you have filled spaces to your file can you recheck on the same.Once you have filled the spaces (the correct number) also do take care of the end separator (i assume its a new line in your case).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey shabz,

I checked with the input file all the fields have the exact field length.and end separator is also take care.

and my scenario works for 9 fields and when i give the 10th field with no data..then my last fields(9,10)gets ignored and when i specify data for the 10th field it works..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

Have you tried to specify a endSeparator in the configuration of the comm.channel?

I can provide you with a couple of pdf slides that explain with examples how to do different file content conversion. PLease send me your email and I'll make sure you get this file.

Thanks,

Roberto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

end separator is taken care,

email id-venkat.donela@wipro.com

Thanks,

Venkat

former_member187339
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

Can you post the actual needed XML structure that is to be created.

Go to this link and see whether all the parameters specified by you are correct or not.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/2c/181077dd7d6b4ea6a8029b20bf7e55/frameset.htm

Regards

Suraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anybody!!!

Any views on this would be appreciated.

Cheers!

Venk