Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Quick Survey: WPC... WPC navigation or Traditional Navigation

Are you using WPC navigation (using the navigation.wpc files and external connector) or are you creating iviews and pages for each WPC page?

From what I can tell, the "traditional" way might provide statistics a bit easier, but maintenance would be much more difficult, with much more dependency on a company's IT department. Plus all stats are in one grouping. You don't have to combine Activity Reporting (iviews and Pages) with [KMC Activity Reporting |http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/EN/45/74eeda9ba26975e10000000a114a6b/frameset.htm](the kmcActivity logs).

Conversely, navigation the navigation.wpc way puts more control into "content authors", but activity reporting is a little more complicated. [I am using the kmcActivity file, but I do not get some infomration that I would like. I have added additional parameters to the Main File Format property (such as users, folders, target urls to help trace where the wpc file is), etc... but none of these show up for WPC pages (but do show up for non WPC files).

Right now, our portal is heavily weighted with WPC content and "files", so the navigation.wpc way with activity reporting through the kmcActivity logs seems preferable.

Please share your opinions...

Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question