Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Blank reports when on the web

Hi, I have seen that this is a current problem of many Crystal Reports users, but searching the forum I didn't find any reply that could solve my problem, so I try posting one more this common problem.

I developed an application in Expression Web and partially with VWD 2005 using reports created with Crystal Reports 2008 full product. I only inserted a CrystalReportSource and a CrystalReportViewer on the web forms and that's it. No programming. I only know how to design reports interactively within CR 2008 using our Access data base, and it works fine. In my development machine all the reports work fine within the application. I then copied the application on our Intranet server 2003, installed the run time CR120_redist_msi.zip (Downloaded when it was still available) and everything runs smoothly. The problem came when I deployed the application on a web site on the Internet. The host provider installed the same run time I sent them. In the beginning I had an error of "report load failed". I checked the database location I was using in my development machine and Intranet server and changed it to reflect the new location on the Internet server. This way the error disappeared, meaning that the reports find successfully the data base, but now it only displays a blank page without any error to inform what the problem could be.

Any suggestion for the host provider?

Thanks

Antonio

Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question