cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to see method execute_asynchronous

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

While generating Sproxy in ABAP, I am missing method execute_asynchronous . I have seen this earlier that when we create SPROXY this method comes by default. But in this case i could not see this.In place of that i see another method being created which has the name of the interface itself

Class Name: ZCO_SAP_VENDORS_TOMX1

Method : SAP_VENDORS_TOMX

Please note that in PI we have 2 namespaces and each namespace have this same interface SAP_VENDORS_TOMX ( Copied from 1 to another exactly same)

First namesapce in ABAP has this interface correctly implemented and I can see execute_asynchronous

In the other name space, I have this issue of not having method. Since the class name would be same , SAP has added 1 at

the end of this class but still the method is missing

Just to add this client proxy ( ECC -> PI)

Please advice.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

VijayKonam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

From ECC 6.0 it has been changed, What you are seeing is absolutely fine. Go ahead and add the code in the method which has the name just as the interface in XI.

VJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. Couple of things. The other namespace that i was talking about is also in ECC 6.0 but that has

the Exceute method.

Also this method ( SAP_Vendor_TOMX) has already some code like below and it is not allowing to change the code giving '

' You cannot edit proxy object'.

if_proxy_client~execute(

exporting

method_name = 'SAP_VENDORS_TOMX'

changing

parmbind_tab = lt_parmbind

Please advice.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

the change of the method names occiurs for all proxies generated after the latets SP is installed on ECC 6.0.

Proxies created before have the old execute methode.

Regards,

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply.

It is not allowing me to change the code inside this method. Error is

You cannot edit proxy objects (see long text)

Message no. OO631

Diagnosis

The entered class is a generic proxy type. These proxy types cannot be processed using the Class Builder, but using the transaction SPROXY.

Procedure

Switch to transaction SPROXY to process the type.

I am doing this in SPROXY itself by Right click , change the proxy.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Creating a new Message Interface and generate a Proxy out of that from sproxy transaction and code inside that. This is just for debugiing purpose and to narrow down your problem.

Thanks

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry. Did not get you.. Can you pls elaborate.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I am also facing same problem, can any one help me on this????

Thanks for help,

SR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pls make sure you double click the interface provider class ZCLXXX instead of ZIIXXX in SPROXY, then you should can change