cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not enough storage to complete operation

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am using Crystal XI SP2 ActiveX automation controls within a program. This is using RDC components loaded to client machine and calling them from a PROGRESS 4GL as a COM automation control.

Everything works really well until the point when a single client program calls the automation routine repeatedly from a loop that will print for different set of data the same report likely more than 100 times per run.

After so many ( I have not tried to close on, how many actually) the error above pops up. The only clue so far comes from this forum dealing with a similar setup but using the .NET controls. But there the suggested solution was to dispose of the object using ReportDocument:Dispose(). In RDC ActiveX control does not have something similar to it. So my curiosity how to prevent this error without having to re-structure my client program to kill itselft thus releasing memory or any other storage committed to runing reports so far. There seems not to be a command within the RDC ActiveX automation control that would allow me that.

Anyone have a different solution for this?

TIA.

Percy

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Percy;

It sounds like the engine is trying to run another job before the first is complete. There is no way to see if the engine is done or not. Try putting in a pause of a second or two before the next job. Also, make sure the temp folder is being emptied out periodically.

Regards,

Jonathan

Former Member
0 Kudos

I had never picked up on this. When executing Printout or printoutex the engine releases the control back to calling program and generates output independently of current program execution?

Great clue. I will check on it.

Thanks!!!!

0 Kudos

And the RDC does require you to release the report object once it's completed.

Somethign like this:

Set rpt = Nothing

Other possiblity is you may be filling up the printers memory. Check the Printer to see if it's memory is getting full, putting a pause in as Jonathan suggested would give the printer time to flush its job requests and free up memory.

I don't recognize that error being a CR error message so it's likely the printer running into problems.

Thank you

Don

Answers (0)