Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Not enough storage to complete operation

I am using Crystal XI SP2 ActiveX automation controls within a program. This is using RDC components loaded to client machine and calling them from a PROGRESS 4GL as a COM automation control.

Everything works really well until the point when a single client program calls the automation routine repeatedly from a loop that will print for different set of data the same report likely more than 100 times per run.

After so many ( I have not tried to close on, how many actually) the error above pops up. The only clue so far comes from this forum dealing with a similar setup but using the .NET controls. But there the suggested solution was to dispose of the object using ReportDocument:Dispose(). In RDC ActiveX control does not have something similar to it. So my curiosity how to prevent this error without having to re-structure my client program to kill itselft thus releasing memory or any other storage committed to runing reports so far. There seems not to be a command within the RDC ActiveX automation control that would allow me that.

Anyone have a different solution for this?

TIA.

Percy

Former Member

Helpful Answer

by
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question