cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Manually Delete UWL Tasks

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have some tasks in my UWL that were pulled from a backend system that no longer exists. When the UWL is updated these tasks won't go away but if I select them I get an error (of course the system doesn't exist).

Is there anyway to manually delete an item? Can I set the context menu to allow the user to delete (now I only have the Forward option)

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

It turned out to be MUCH simplier than I expected I simply went to 'System Administration -> System Configuration -> Universal Worklist & Workflows -> Cache Administration page and cleared the cache for the system that was deleted.

This removed all the tasks and when the UWL checked for updates they weren't brought back in since the system was removed!

chintan_virani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

TA,

Did you resolve this? If yes then mark the thread as answered.

Chintan

chintan_virani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

TA,

If you know the tasks that are from wrong ECC system then I would suggest that you edit the XML vconfiguration, remove them and upload the edited configuration with same name.

This way you will never get the tasks you don't want getting pulled up in UWL

OR

I have not given this a try but check if below steps works for you or helps you in some way:-

1. Download the XML configuration file which is read by the UWL iView say com.sap.mss,001.xml.

2. Take a backup and open it in an editor like Notepad and check the Views section or locate the required View Name say for eg:- "com.sap.pct.erp.mss.FutureTaskView refers to Future Tasks etc

3. Under Actions tag create a new action as shown in the following code:-

<View name="com.sap.pct.erp.mss.FutureTaskView" selectionMode="SINGLESELECT" width="98%".... >
   <DisplayAttributes>
   </DisplayAttributes>
    <Actions>
            <Action name="deleteItem" reference="deleteItem"/>
    </Actions>
</View>  

4. Save the file, delete the earlier configuration and upload this new XML configuration on Portal.

5. Clear the UWL cache and see if it resolves your issue.

Chintan

Edited by: Chintan Virani on Sep 24, 2008 12:39 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't know about manual delete...But you can customize your uwl for this features.

Check this link.

http://help.sap.com/javadocs/NW04S/current/uw/UWL%20Custom%20Connector%20API.pdf

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi TA ,

Check below thread

Koti Reddy