Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

any way to update PO document through DTW without using "Doc Entry"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

Just have a question.

I need to use DTW to update existing PO document. I realized that I have to have Doc Entry to be entered in the DTW template.

Is there any way to update PO document through DTW without using that field, "Doc Entry"?

thanks

Tony

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

My suggestion:

Just make a simple query: select DocNum, DocEntry from OPOR. Export the query result to Excel.

Finally, use Excel Vlookup function to update DocEntry by DocNum. It is not a difficult job.

Thanks,

Gordon

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks.

that's the way I also considered. It's not the most efficient way, but probably the best way we could think so far. Does SAP just end up here?

Tony

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Tony,

A similar situation related to Bank files was resolved with one of my clients on the following way...

The file from the Vendor can be an any order or format on the Excel. Till the time it is consistant it should work fine..

We created a Job in SQL Server to read this Excel file and to use the DocNum to get the DocEntry from SAP PO and output another excel file which is exactly the template format for PO Update.

This may even not be required in your case.....

You can get this done through an Excel Macro....which will connect to the database and using the DocNum get the DocEntry and update the Excel....

This is 100% achievable and a better solution for regular use

Suda

Former Member
0 Kudos

Suda,

Thanks a lot. This could be a solution I'm looking for. I'm going to try it.

I appreciate to all of you trying to help me.

Tony

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Suda

We Imported 30 transactions through DTW. user has did mistake in Line total amount i.e., they added inculding service tax amount in the Line total i.e., (Item cost+Service tax amount).now we we need to Update the line total amount in template. we are trying to update through dtw import update selection but we are getting error: Can not find this object in B1 Application-defined or Object-defined error 65171.

please guide me how to update line total in AR invoices.

Regds,

sampath kumar devunuri.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member186095
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I agree with previous answers but if you still look for the answer, the solution is to update is manually (I mean directly in B1 GUI application) without using DTW or using DI API ( I mean using addon that work with DI server).

Rgds,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tony,

DocEntry is the identifier for system to know which PO you want to update. Otherwise, how B1 will know any specific PO to update? You can use query to get the DocEntry easily.

Thanks,

Gordon

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Tony,

DocEntry is the key field which the DI-API uses to identify and associate the UPDATE with the transaction and therefore it is required and need to be used.

Could I ask why would you know want to use DocEntry?

Suda

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all

Thanks for your replies. the reason I did not want to use Doc Entry is because I didn't give this info to vendors.

When my client creates PO, they only give the PO with doc number to a vendor (the vendor don't have the Doc Entry number). later the vendor sent updated info regarding the PO back to my client. then my client needs to update the PO using DTW (too many data, no way to do manual update). Hence there is no Doc Entry involved, it will be hard to add the doc Entry to excel file.

Doc number is also a unique number and used for identifying each document. it will be good if we can use the doc number to update document via DTW.

any other suggestion?

thanks in advance

Tony