cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EVDRE Report/Modeling Help - Documentations

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Do you have any suggested materials that talk about EVDRE report/budget modeling in more depth than the BPC Help can provide?

We are in the middle of upgrading to BPC 5.1 SP3 from OLS 4.2 and all our existing reports have been combinations of evgets and evsnds. With my limited knowledge of the functionality of EVDRE, I've been having a hard time converting our "static" OLS reports to a more "dynamic" BPC report. And with the amount of data that we have, keeping the evget and evsnd type of report seems to be affecting performance. The good thing about the evget and evsnd type of reporting though is it allows us to easily change any dimension members in any part of the report.

Thanks in advance for your help,

Vanessa

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lokesh/Ravi,

Thank you both for your responses.

I have read the best practices article before, but I guess I just need more detailed help on designing reports with EVDRE functions. I wasn't hoping to find an automatic conversion of our old reports, but a good understanding of what EVDRE can and cannot do so I could design reports according to our needs.

Thanks,

Vanessa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Unfortunately, there is no automatic conversion of the reports / templates built in old Evsend and Evget into the comprehensive Evdre. I undertand the pain.

If I were you, I will rebuild the reports / templates and in the process you will find a few opportunities for some refining and tuning also.

Ravi Thothadri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The below document is available in SDN. It will be useful to you.

"Best Practices for Reporting within SAP Business Planning and Consolidations 5.0.pdf"

regards,

Lokesh Nandula