Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Steps for making the changes in DC and checking into NWDI

former_member192283
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am new to the NWDI

I have some questions related to the NWDI and NWDI integration manggement.

We have some set of SC's got from some team. Now we need to upload to our NWDI .For that I have done the following steps.

I have created some track in the CMS.

I have loded that SC in to the track.

I have imported that track in to the NWDS.

The track which imported contains the SC , this SC contains some DC's .

for getting the project in to the local mechine.

In the DC prospective -> Inactive DCs -> done the right click on the respective DC's and choosen as Create project option. Then i am able to see the DC project in the webdynpro prospective.

Now the project in the local mechine see the code and i need to rebuild and deploy .

What are steps need to be done. Please provide the step by step information for doing this

Thanks& Regards

vijay

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

Follow this:

1.Import a development configuration.

The first step for you as a developer is to import an appropriate development configuration. The development configuration is your connection to the NWDI. By importing a development configuration, you get access to all resources relevant for your work without having to search for the right sources, libraries and servers.

2.Select the components you want to develop.

In the Development Configurations perspective, you can create projects for existing components to add them to your development list, The development environment automatically loads the required source files and archives into your local file system and tries to build the selected components locally

3. Create new components.

You can use the Development Configurations perspective also to create new components .Create the new component directly in the DTR. The development environment may propose a change list ("activity") or prompt you to create a new activity to be used to record the creation of the component.

4.Synchronize the source files and libraries.

From time to time, you should resynchronize your local sources and libraries with the NWDI to receive the most up-to-date changes of other developers.

5.Change the component sources.

Before you can change a source file, you must make the intended change known to the DTR (to check out the file) and agree on an activity to record the change. You can create a new activity or use an existing one.

6.Edit components.

Depending on the type of the component you develop, you can perform components development using the Java, J2EE, WebDynpro, Dictionary or any other suitable perspective.

7. Release the changes for the central build.

After checking the changes in, you can pass them to the Component Build Service (CBS), that is, you perform the activation process.

8.Release the changes in the development landscape.

After a successful activation, pass your changes to the Change Management Service (CMS) of the NWDI, which transports your changes within the development landscape, for example, between a development system and a consolidation system.

Thanks

Krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vijay,

When you try to change any component in DC it will ask to save all those changes in an activity .create an activity and all your changes to that activity.

once you are done with all your changes go to development perspective - open activies and right click and check in the activity.once it is compiled and build it goes to transport view-go there and right click on the activity and release.

once you do this go to http://server:port/devinf -CMS

select your track and go to consolidation tab-select the activity and import

then all your code changes will reflect

If any issues please revert to me

Thanks

Bala Duvvuri

former_member192283
Participant
0 Kudos

hi Bala,

Thanks for your useful points.

I am facing some errors after i created the local project by right clicking on the perticular DC.

I have done the Reload + Rebuild and in the webdynpro prospective.

then i closed the nwds and then right click on the DC-> option called DC-> Build.

but still some class path errors and some applications dependent errors.

I have created all the DC's which are available in perticular SC.

But still i am not able to resolve the errors.

any tips for resolving those errors.

Regards

Vijay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vijay,

right click on the project and go to development component-sync sources,sync used dcs.

if it doesnot work delete the project and create that project again.and if it still showing errors repeat all the steps and close nwds and open it again

Thanks

Bala Duvvuri