cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error: TYPE REF TO not yet supported

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone, i've started working with SmartForms recently and the data I want to show is stored in an object, so at the imports part, I add a new parameter named OBJETO, TYPE REF TO, CARRO; CARRO is an Object that I created in the same package.

When I "Check" the imports there's an error message that says: "TYPE REF TO not yet supported" even though when I use the help to fill the type assignment value, it shows that I can use TYPE REF TO, to reference an object. So, if anyone can help and tell me if this simply can't be done or maybe I should upgrade to another version, I would really apreciate it.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

Hi ,

In Global definitions -> In Types tab write ( types : <ty_class> TYPE REF TO <CLASS NAME>.

In Global data tab,

variable name Typing Associated type

<Vaiable name> type <ty_class>

you can declare as <variable name > with reference to defined in types tab (ty_class).

I hope this will help you!!

Best Regards,

Sainath Kaja.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Luis,

Object which you have created assign the package for it and then inlcude in the smartforms.

Regards,

Sravanthi

amit_khare
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Welcome to SDN.

You have to use TYPE to declare any data there. TYPE REF TO is only applicable to use for OBJECT REFERENCE. By that it means to create any reference for the Object created in SE24.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

The problem is that when I press F4 in the "Type Assingment" field, it shows me that I CAN use TYPE REF TO, to declare a parameter with a reference to an Object, but then it shows me the error I previously described, I don't know if you've seen that error before, but has anyone tried to declare a parameter like that? did it work for you?

I think that it's weird that I't shows me that I can use Object references and then that Object references are not supported. Do you think there's something wrong with my install, or maybe object references just can't be used when working with SmartForms?

Thanks in advance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I'm having the same problem. Did you find any solution to your problem?

Thanks,

Zehra