"Crystal Report Viewer is unable to create its resource objects"
I'm using Crystal Reports Server XI and getting the error/pop up box: "Crystal Report Viewer is unable to create its resource objects" when trying to view a report through the website.
Any suggestions would be appreiciated. I'm very unfamiliar with Crystal Reports but it's fallen into my lap to install and suppor this application.
I have tried changing some browser settings to allow ActiveX content and such but that hasn't seemed to help. I also tried downloading a particular 3 .dll's files to my desktop and registering them, as well as re-registering them on the server. They were CRVIEWER.dll, swebrs.dll, sviewhlp.dll.
I'm using IE 7.0 and CR Server XI is installed in a Windows 2003 R2 SE server. IIS seems to be setup OK. I haven't changed any of the default installation settings that were configured during the installation on the virtual directory that was created. I received no errors during the installation. I'm also not seeing anything obvious pop up in the event logs. I still have yet to do a log parser query looking for anything that says crystal reports.
Edited by: Wendy Beatty on Sep 23, 2008 9:50 PM
Try this and it worked for me.
1. Goto IIS, select the virtual directory CrystalReportViewers115, properties, Configuration (In Virtual Directory Tab)
2. In App Mappings tab, find the extentions .CRI, .CSP, .CWR and .RPT and see what executable path they have. If they are blank, Press Edit.
3. Select the application path as "C:\WINNT\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\aspnet_isapi.dll".
4. Repeat the above for all 4 extensions. Restart IIS.
5. Now when you try to open the ActiveX Report Viewer, it will prompt you to download the viewer without the error message.
Hope this helps.