cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mix landscape and portrait in one report

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is it possible to have a container report have a mix of subreports that are portrait and some landscape? Is it possible to embedd the printer portrait/landscape control characters on each subreport so it prints properly? ...or something to print sideways for landscape subreports.

I am using VS 2008, Crystal 2008, Vista Business ...this is a windows application - not a web app.

When I mention container report, this is just a report that I use as a container for subreports.

Thanks,

Jeff

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As this is a Report Design query, please post to the Report Design forum:

Thank you for your understanding,

Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

This needs to be done in .Net code. It needs to stay in this forum. The subreports are not added in the designer, the report of subreports is built in .Net code. All subreports are dynamically added in code.

Thanks,

Jeff

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Jeff, thinking about how to do this I realize that there will not be a way to get this done, not for subreports. For individual sections without subreports, yes. E.G.; this can not be done in the designer and typically, if it can not be done in the designer, it can not be done at runtime.

While there is a way of setting a particular section to print a different orientation than the rest of the report, if there is a subreport in the section, the section's orientation property will not be passed on to the subreport.

Alternatively, if a main report is set to portrait orientation and the subreport is set to landscape, the subreport will print landscape, on a portrait oriented page, thus resulting in data being cut off. In the reverse scenario, main report is landscape, subreport portrait, the subreport will print portrait on a landscape oriented paper and as above, data will be cut off.

Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

That is exactly what is happening. I was wondering if I could inject a landscape/portrait control character to fool it on each subreport.

Jeff

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Nope. This used to be possible - to some extent pre CR 9. But the format has changed since than and I know for sure the escape characters do not get read. See [this|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.km.cm.docs/oss_notes/sdn_oss_boj_erq/sap(bD1lbiZjPTAwMQ==)/bc/bsp/spn/scn_bosap/notes.do] Note (kbase).

Ludek

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I ended up experimenting and getting it to work by making the paper 11 x 11. Then depending on the section width inside the subreport, I set the section orientation to match the orientation of the subreport.